Saudi Pro League

tomav84

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

And there we go, sooner than I expected to be fair.

By what metric are they considered 'one of the 3 most popular clubs in the world'? They're playing to half-empty stadiums much of the time and nobody is watching the SPL on tv or online. Maybe they're including Ronaldo's social media followers as their own! 😂

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Looks like Henderson wants to move back to the Prem already... Not a chance for me, legs gone and reputation destroyed and nobody is even going to pay him a tenth of his wages there. I guess playing for Gerrard in front of 800 people isn't all it's cracked up to be. For me he made his money filled blood soaked bed now has to lie in it.

Circa £18m for 6 months graft, Think that could of been his intention all along! 

Me heard Hendy moving back to Sunderland, will be a big PR thing where he takes a pay cut to move to back to his hometown and boyhood club. He might end up at their arch rivals Newcastle.

Gonna be interesting (well not really) to see how the Saudis handle players who are disgruntled and want's to get out of contracts and move back to Europe. Will they just let them leave to avoid bad press and negativity or will they hold the players to their golden handcuffs. I really hope the players will be forced to buy out their contracts if they want to leave, but that might effect their reputation for the next group of players they want to bring in.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Gonna be interesting (well not really) to see how the Saudis handle players who are disgruntled and want's to get out of contracts and move back to Europe. Will they just let them leave to avoid bad press and negativity or will they hold the players to their golden handcuffs. I really hope the players will be forced to buy out their contracts if they want to leave, but that might effect their reputation for the next group of players they want to bring in.

he's under contract, so there's nothing to 'handle' really. a fee needs to be negotiated to buy him and if that fee doesn't get agreed then he's staying in saudi. i can't imagine that will be easy though, they aren't desperate for the money so can't imagine they'll entertain low offers

When the players start coming back, it's gonna fail. 350 at Gerrard's game the other night, hardly worth putting on.

Still funny Hendersons happy over there though ££££££££££££!

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

When the players start coming back, it's gonna fail. 350 at Gerrard's game the other night, hardly worth putting on.

Still funny Hendersons happy over there though ££££££££££££!

Its 350 too many

• Like 1

On 07/01/2024 at 12:33, TheMightyVillans said:

Players that go there shouldn't be able to leave until their contract ends. 

Would love to see Henderson have to give a full refund. Pay back the £20 mill they paid to Liverpool and all of his salary earned so far.  He deserves it. Not for taking the money. So many of us would at 33 years old take £100k a day and set your family up for generations.  But for telling us it wasnt for money reasons. 

In fairness, I can understand him not directly wanting to say "Yeah I've literally just come here for money", regardless of what we think of the clubs, it's disrespectful and I'd feel annoyed if a player said that upon joining Villa. But surely even a "it's the right decision for my family" is enough, rather than doubling down on his nonsense.

The fact Henderson is trying to negotiate his own free transfer is hilarious. I don’t think the Saudi’s will be too pleased with being mugged off like this

On 07/01/2024 at 09:22, sne said:

Gonna be interesting (well not really) to see how the Saudis handle players who are disgruntled and want's to get out of contracts and move back to Europe. 

Give them even more money and be open for them to train at home and fly back first clas for every game?

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â