Saudi Pro League

tomav84

To be fair, if it was a player like Neves, Milkovic-Savic, or Brozovic agitating for a move away then I'd want us to be all over it. It's just that it's Jordan Henderson, who isn't very good.

I think Henderson has a massive ego and he went to Saudi thinking he would look brilliant as its a poor league. Apparently he has not been very good and I hope he us kept there to see out his contract

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Henderson has a massive ego and he went to Saudi thinking he would look brilliant as its a poor league. Apparently he has not been very good and I hope he us kept there to see out his contract

He was all in his feelings when Klopp gently (and probably let it go for too long) told him that he wasn't good enough anymore.

No coincidence that Plop are annoyingly good again with Jones and Szobo putting some actual legs in the midfield.

Any player going there should be banned from playing in Europe for 12 months after a contract ends or from being loaned or sold.

Too much dodgyness goings on in the land of sand. They will just weaken any team who looks to challenge the desert owners European teams.

12 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Any player going there should be banned from playing in Europe for 12 months after a contract ends or from being loaned or sold.

Too much dodgyness goings on in the land of sand. They will just weaken any team who looks to challenge the desert owners European teams.

On what grounds? Fifa has been bought and paid for and so is sending the message that they're a trusted nation on the global football stage, and our government has been bought and paid for and is pretending that Saudi Arabia are our allies.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Madrid derby is currently being played in Riyadh in Supercopa semi final, I wonder would they sample a Charity Shield soon

Italy having there in Saudi next week. Give it  another season or two for the charity shield to go there

Be Suprised if he comes back to England, Tax laws state you have to be out the country for a full 12 months or you still pay 40% Tax on your earnings 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Be Suprised if he comes back to England, Tax laws state you have to be out the country for a full 12 months or you still pay 40% Tax on your earnings 

Funny, McCoist said earlier today, Henderson would be welcome back, an he wouldn't be suprised if a club like Newcastle didn't make a move for him.

I'll have what he's having 🤣

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Oh McGrath. What’s the highest tax bracket the UK? Henderson’s weekly salary is probably 5-7 times my annual salary in Australia and I nearly pay 40% on earnings!

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

On what grounds? Fifa has been bought and paid for and so is sending the message that they're a trusted nation on the global football stage, and our government has been bought and paid for and is pretending that Saudi Arabia are our allies.

Irrespective of whatever dodginess we want to be against, it's entirely right that Saudi Arabia has a football league and can govern that in whatever way they wish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

I've often thought this.

They are paid SO MUCH. If it were me, this is my journeyman journey once I've dominated European football:

First stop, Seattle Sounders in the the beautiful Washington State. A bit of football, but mostly hiking and outdoor pursuits.

Then off to play for Bordeaux and get on the epic wine.

Sign up for much less money but hit Buenos Aires and don the red and white of River Plate.

Hitting Africa and becoming a Kaiser Chief legend. 

Back to Europe to play in my favourite city, Cadiz, for a season.

I'm retiring as a superstar on the bench at Villa Park earning a tenner a week but at one with the Holte Enders in The Sky.

Or, do a Henderson and head to Saudi. 

1-0 Don Simon.

But how will your family survive on you're meagre £60m career earnings? Think of the poor mites! 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But how will your family survive on you're meagre £60m career earnings? Think of the poor mites! 

I'm going to do what Shaquille O'Neal does. 

He said in an interview his kids won't get a penny of his $$$ until they have Masters Degrees and are able to pay their own way without the money. 

(I'll be telling them this from my terrace in Florence when I'm playing in the famous purple of La Viola).

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

Italy having there in Saudi next week. Give it  another season or two for the charity shield to go there

I dunno, Wembley is a cash cow 

The day the FA move anything away from Wembley the game has properly gone 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, Wembley is a cash cow 

The day the FA move anything away from Wembley the game has properly gone 

How much would the FA make from the Charity Shield each season?  The Spanish FA are supposedly getting £30m from the Suadi's for this Super Cup.

53 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How much would the FA make from the Charity Shield each season?  The Spanish FA are supposedly getting £30m from the Suadi's for this Super Cup.

I was going to say if the Saudi's offer the FA more money than they make from holding the charity shield at Wembley (with lots of cushy all expenses packages thrown in of course) the FA will be on their knees quicker than you can say "bone saw".

In other news Ronaldo has dropped a clanger in saying he's never heard of Virat Kohli and he's 'not very popular', so him/Al Nassr have probably lost 800 million Indian 'fans' overnight

Edited by VillaJ100

Â