Saudi Pro League

tomav84

Like it or not, it probably warrants its own thread. they've got ronaldo and benzema. they're about to get zaha and kante. they're trying to get messi.

where do we think this is heading? a saudi team in the CL in the future? and something else i dont get...FFP is a FIFA thing right? how are they getting around this with these insane contracts they're giving players?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Like it or not, it probably warrants its own thread. they've got ronaldo and benzema. they're about to get zaha and kante. they're trying to get messi.

where do we think this is heading? a saudi team in the CL in the future? and something else i dont get...FFP is a FIFA thing right? how are they getting around this with these insane contracts they're giving players?

I think it's a uefa thing. If a saudi team joined uefa (no idea how that could happen) they'd be subject to it.

• Thanks 1

A bunch of big names past there peak. Will gain attention a few months then after season 2 nobody will care

Sky showed Chinese Super League games for a while now doubt they bother

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

one thing i'd at least respect, is a player to come out and say "look, the financial package was such that my family is finacially secure for generations to come" rather than the BS of how good a league it is

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

They'll have to try harder than this to buy football

The thing is, they don't.

Buy Newcastle.  Buy the best players.  Buy the World Cup.  "Isn't Saudi Arabia amazing?".

With this sort of wealth, the Super League will become a thing again.  Football is entirely about money - and they've got lots of it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s similar to what China did, and Russia to a lesser degree. Nobody gave a shit.

China actually paid big transfer fees for the players they signed, Saudis’ are signing people On free transfers on ridiculous wages and signing on fees.

Â