Saudi Pro League

tomav84

17 hours ago, Genie said:

The attendance for the Italian Super Cup semi-final between Napoli and Fiorentina in Saudi Arabia

Serie A really sold its soul for money.

IMG-3767.jpg

Such a shame.

Ive always been more fond of the Serie A than La Liga…

In my opinion, the teams have more character and personality…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They included Serie A and Coppa Italia Runners Up like Spain have done

Just to make the cash grab scream sound a little louder...

Didn't even make it a back to back game super weekender either

They deserve a lot of stick for this 

• 3 weeks later...

Had a Quick Look at the teams.

Mitrovic, Neves, Koulibaly, Milinkovic-Savic all play for Al-Hilal along with a load of Arabic names I’ve never heard of and two very out of place names in Michael and Malcolm who both started for Al-Hilal 😂

The other team features C Ronaldo, Laporte, Sadio Mane!, and Telles. 

Ronaldo’s team lost, ha! They should have selected some Dave’s and Colin’s. 

To borrow a quote from Fry out of Futurama:

"I used to think Saudi football was real, like professional wrestling...

... turns out it's fake, like professional boxing"

8 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Had a Quick Look at the teams.

Mitrovic, Neves, Koulibaly, Milinkovic-Savic all play for Al-Hilal along with a load of Arabic names I’ve never heard of and two very out of place names in Michael and Malcolm who both started for Al-Hilal 😂

The other team features C Ronaldo, Laporte, Sadio Mane!, and Telles. 

Ronaldo’s team lost, ha! They should have selected some Dave’s and Colin’s. 

I'm guessing Malcolm is the one that barca bought for about £40m never played and then gave away a year later 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm guessing Malcolm is the one that barca bought for about £40m never played and then gave away a year later 

Monchi desperately wanted him at Roma and threatened Barcelona with legal action for gazumping the transfer 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

WWE PPV in Saudi incoming 

WWE do a yearly sports washing spectacle called Crown Jewel already. I guess people like The Undertaker love that Saudi money too much and need more. 

Edited by The_Steve

The Saudi League is limited by the eight-foreign-player rule, and they are getting saddled with players they can't play who are on ridiculous wages.  Nobody cares about the league you only go there for the money. Unless the buy some champions league places I think this is going to game the same way as the Chinese leagye when the royal family decides that there are easier sports to buy up entirely for sportswashing.

50 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Saudi League is limited by the eight-foreign-player rule, and they are getting saddled with players they can't play who are on ridiculous wages.  Nobody cares about the league you only go there for the money. Unless the buy some champions league places I think this is going to game the same way as the Chinese leagye when the royal family decides that there are easier sports to buy up entirely for sportswashing.

They are increasing the quota at end of season

On 09/02/2024 at 10:44, The Fun Factory said:

Is that 8 players for the whole league or 8 players per team?

Also out of interest what sport did China go into and buy up after football?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Also out of interest what sport did China go into and buy up after football?

Snooker?

Â