Pau Torres

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Pau Torres obviously. Elite level recruitment.

Remains to be seen how he performs in PL though.

And where he fits into the side, which is the really interesting thing!

Regardless, he's definitely an Emery signing over recruitment at the club IMO.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Remains to be seen how he performs in PL though.

And where he fits into the side, which is the really interesting thing!

Regardless, he's definitely an Emery signing over recruitment at the club IMO.

Play 4141 formation and have him as the DM. And then play Mings and Kamara in central defence. Not being serious but thats probably how Guardiola would solve the problem . 

My man ure mate genuinely can't understand how we got torres, he says his form must of dropped massively as Madrid Liverpool man ure City were all after him 2 years ago.

I have tried to explain he played for his home club and wanted to play for them in the champions league which he got to do but he's having none of it, it must be a drop in form 🤣

He's also convinced we have just 2 decent players, him and martinez and that martinez will be off to the 1st big club who want him. Again I've explained he has already said he credits villa alot for his chance which got him into the 1st team with Argentina and the ongoing club improvements and he wouldn't have won the 4 triphoes he has ( or 5 ? ) since joining villa.

I think his views may change after a few months of the season starting 🤣

32 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

My man ure mate genuinely can't understand how we got torres, he says his form must of dropped massively as Madrid Liverpool man ure City were all after him 2 years ago.

I have tried to explain he played for his home club and wanted to play for them in the champions league which he got to do but he's having none of it, it must be a drop in form 🤣

He's also convinced we have just 2 decent players, him and martinez and that martinez will be off to the 1st big club who want him. Again I've explained he has already said he credits villa alot for his chance which got him into the 1st team with Argentina and the ongoing club improvements and he wouldn't have won the 4 triphoes he has ( or 5 ? ) since joining villa.

I think his views may change after a few months of the season starting 🤣

Not rating Kamara among our best players proves he's clueless.

Torres was a huge coup for us though. Without Emery, we'd have had no chance. And if City etc were in for him, they would have got him, we're not there yet!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Torres was a huge coup for us though. Without Emery, we'd have had no chance. And if City etc were in for him, they would have got him, we're not there yet!

We're knocking on the door as we speak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Not that journos seem to know much but last year it was widely reported city were after him, and a few other teams and he rejected the chance to move.

If its not man utd or champions league related he is clueless. Regular slagger off of mount but thinks he's great now they signed him 🤣🤣

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We're knocking on the door as we speak.

Foot is in the door. If we went into last season as we do this one, we'd have nailed that CL spot. Chelsea and Liverpool will be back, Spurs stronger. The challenge is exciting. Bring it.

• Like 1

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

Once he finds his feet he will a force..

If he learns the English language quick he will be very vocal in terms of organising the back line.

Judging by how quickly the majority of our Spanish speaking players have learnt the language I think he’ll get there quickly, but If he were if 4 of the back 5 were Martienz, Carlos, Pau, Moreno or Dinge they could speak Spanish all game and not have issues, Luiz in front also speaks Spanish and Tielemans has a  basic grasp of the language.

11 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Judging by how quickly the majority of our Spanish speaking players have learnt the language I think he’ll get there quickly, but If he were if 4 of the back 5 were Martienz, Carlos, Pau, Moreno or Dinge they could speak Spanish all game and not have issues, Luiz in front also speaks Spanish and Tielemans has a  basic grasp of the language.

Digne is French of course and Luiz speaks Portuguese, but I get what you mean

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Digne is French of course and Luiz speaks Portuguese, but I get what you mean

Luiz speaks Spanish he played in La Liga and plenty of Brazilians also speak Spanish that and the fact Spanish and Portuguese share a similar vocabulary in-fact more than Spanish and Basque do. Dinge played  for Barcelona and learned Spanish. I didn’t say they were all Spanish I said they all spoke Spanish.

Edited by gwi1890

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

That makes sense hence the pairing with Carlos in the last two matches.

Watching Pau rampage into the final third while Unai sat passively by suggests this is whats intended, and maybe why Konza was at RB in order to deputise while he roams in a more advanced role, and man mountain Carlos holds the back line?

Â