Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Decent signing, let’s hope he settles well and doesn’t get injured straight away. I think we’re intrigued to see how he will fit in along with Mings, Konsa and Carlos. We have amazing strength in depth there now. I trust Unai to keep them all happy. 

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

honestly tho, that shirt is a monstrosity, it looks like it was designed and patched together by a 10 year old.

the blocky blue shoulders are ugly as heck.

Pau looks damn good in it though.

3 hours ago, Ceemo said:

This is actually a sad watch.

It is a sad watch but also a great watch.  I think we'll be talking about this guy in 20 - 30 years - Martin Laursen level signing (but without the injury backstory).  If we can make him feel part of the Villa family then he will give us everything.  Just makes me think that we've got someone here who will give us his all and play with passion and desire rather than just someone who watches their bank account grow.

• Like 3

Clearly, it was a strain for him to leave his home country - that makes sense. He's a young man and so it will be a tough thing to do. Thankfully, we have so much to remind him of home - Villa, to remind him of his home and the last club he played for. Numerous players speaking the same language. Tapas bars to eat at. His management team are familiar to him. He will soon settle down, especially when he goes home to that beautiful wife of his every day. 

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

Wow, some people are perpetually negative. Cheer up and be happy with the players pulling it on!

I don't think Galway is being overly negative, I can't look at the strip without the first thought being it is hideous!!

In saying that welcome Pau, hopefully his performances in that monstrosity will make me care less about the shirt and more about who is wearing it...

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ferran, ferran, ferran... Ferran torres...

If we sign both I can see it happening

That would be awesome.  Especially if one stand / side of the ground sang the first verse and then another stand / side of the ground sang the second in reply.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I don't think the post is negative, in fairness to GV. I can see where he's coming from. I also don't expect the transfer will affect Pau's performances, but boy does he clearly have Villareal in his heart. Which is what you'd expect. That's all. I've also never seen a leaving video like that one. However, I think the emotion is more because this is his first move away. We're ripping the band-aid off. He'll be fine.

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I knew we were signing him around 2 months ago as @JAMAICAN-VILLANwill attest to. I have no concerns about his ability, just noticed that he seemed very upset about leaving. 

See my post on the very same topic and how to view it positively...

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Explains why he wasn't smiling with delight in the airport on the way here.

Clearly a huge decision for him and one he would absolutely only have made if he was certain it was the right thing to do. Doesn't mean there won't be some sadness to go with it.

But does mean he's going to give everything to make sure and prove to himself this was the right decision.

Welcome Pau, we'll make sure you have a new home to be proud of, and a claret and blue tinged heart to join your yellow one. 

• Like 1

Â