Pau Torres

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Seems to be dragging on a bit now if all was ‘agreed’ over a week ago. Always a concern now of a possible swoop from elsewhere. 

He's on his honeymoon dude.

Just rewatching the Villa 0 Villareal 1 friendly from Dec 22.

Pau Torres came on as a sub in the 69th minute, he was so composed on the ball, put under pressure a lot and just plays his way out of it time after time.

Ironically, their goal came from us trying to play the ball out of the back, getting pressured, messing up and conceding.

Anyways, Pau looked next level in terms of composure and playing out from the back, just in those 21 minutes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Pau Torres came on as a sub in the 69th minute, he was so composed on the ball, put under pressure a lot and just plays his way out of it time after time.

Ironically, their goal came from us trying to play the ball out of the back, getting pressured, messing up and conceding.

Anyways, Pau looked next level in terms of composure and playing out from the back, just in those 21 minutes.

God, that was such a shit game 

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I remember at the time when our defenders were on this steep learning curve thinking now here’s a player who knows how to do it. 

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Some bloke on Twitter sparring with Fabrizio Romano adamant that Pau has failed his medical 😆

it would be peak Villa, for sure.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Completely forgot we did that. I gave it a miss as it was absolutely brassic that night.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2023 at 08:50, Rich192 said:

For anyone worried about this transfer, hopefully this eases your mind! 

Strange how my brain read this at the time and assumed it was suggesting the tests would be on Monday. Clearly says this week...,and I guess that could mean the end of the week. 

If he's back from his honeymoon anytime this week I'd be surprised...pretty short break really.

23 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Strange how my brain read this at the time and assumed it was suggesting the tests would be on Monday. Clearly says this week...,and I guess that could mean the end of the week. 

If he's back from his honeymoon anytime this week I'd be surprised...pretty short break really.

The first pics of his wedding day appeared on Instagram on  the 26th June, so I would guess he probably got married on Saturday the 24th June. So he has been away for 7-10 days at most on his honeymoon, which as you say isn't a long time.

I did read via Newsnow that the Express and Star were reporting this morning that the medical would take place at the tail end of this week, they may well be guessing though. If they are correct, I reckon we will hear some official annoncement on Friday or Saturday.

Torres to sign later this week

"Villa are on course to complete the signing of Pau Torres from Villarreal later this week with the centre-back due to undergo a medical when he returns from holiday.

A deal for the 26-year-old is set to go ahead for a fee believed to be in the region of £35million.

He has agreed terms on a five-year contract and is poised to be reunited with former boss Unai Emery, in what is a significant coup for Villa and another statement of the club’s intent."

• Thanks 1

Â