Pau Torres

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

As for market value, by definition that’s is the maximum value a club is willing to pay. In Pau Torres case it’s £30m, which seems about right for a highly rated central defender with 12months left on his contract.

Off topic but I get so confused about why a player is worth less with only a year on his contract. To the selling club, yes, I get why they might accept less - but why does it affect his value to the buying club? He’s the same player as if he had three years left, the contract he has doesn’t affect the length he signs with the new club, and if you wait for him to be on a free someone else might snap him up.

TLDR - time remaining on contract should matter to selling club but a buying club shouldn’t worry about ‘overpaying’ just because someone has less time on their deal.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

but why does it affect his value to the buying club?

Because the buying club knows the player is worth less to the selling club. Now if there is another bidder, then it is a different story.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Off topic but I get so confused about why a player is worth less with only a year on his contract. To the selling club, yes, I get why they might accept less - but why does it affect his value to the buying club? He’s the same player as if he had three years left, the contract he has doesn’t affect the length he signs with the new club, and if you wait for him to be on a free someone else might snap him up.

TLDR - time remaining on contract should matter to selling club but a buying club shouldn’t worry about ‘overpaying’ just because someone has less time on their deal.

But it helps the buying club to negotiate better. If it was more than 1 year I doubt they’ll sell him with more than that.

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its Paris mate you'll probably be joining in with someone else's

That's nothing. I tweeted that I fancied a move to a Villa, and now I've just signed a 5 year £300k a week deal with PSG!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Steero113 said:

We are not playing without Mings. 

Not a chance.

Mings and Pau will be the starting CB pairing with a Moreno at LB and (if we can get a deal done) a new RB.

Mings is a starter all day long.

55 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

That's nothing. I tweeted that I fancied a move to a Villa, and now I've just signed a 5 year £300k a week deal with PSG!

Yeah I know this is true because I heard last night PSG Ultras chanting “stewiek2 get out of our club”, first they did it to Neymar, then Messi and now one of our own, stewiek2…

21 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Medical first 

image.png

I don't see this being an issue.

He's only ever missed 8 games in his career through injury.

What a machine.

Edited by AshVilla

Just now, AshVilla said:

I don't see this being an issue

He's only ever missed 8 games in his career through injury.

image.thumb.png.a501e10293309657c952f41ea28e38a8.png

What a machine.

image.png

I'm sure it won't be am issue. Still needs to be done before he is announced. 

Anyone thinking he won't be an automatic starter is in for a shock because this is Emery’s boy and he is here to play.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Not a chance.

Mings and Pau will be the starting CB pairing with a Moreno at LB and (if we can get a deal done) a new RB.

Mings is a starter all day long.

Think you are going to be in for a shock. There is going to be a lot of rotation this season 

• Like 1

Â