Pau Torres

Delphinho123

24 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

He’ll put his Heart and Soul into everything, that’s for sure 

If he goes to Bayern now there'll be hell T'Pau.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Does this mean we only need to sign players now who have PL experience or GTFO?

Of course not, no one's saying that. But if we go into the season with Mings, Konsa, Carlos and Torres as our options I'm certain that Unai will go with at least one of our CBs that knows the league, if not both. Do you truly believe he would play Carlos and Torres straight off the bat when he has two excellent options already? He has the luxury of settling them in and taking the time to do it

Edited by picicata

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

FFS... thought you had some ITK or got wind of a breaking transfer early. lol

If there was one person on this forum who would never have any bit of ITK, it would be me.

23 minutes ago, picicata said:

Of course not, no one's saying that. But if we go into the season with Mings, Konsa, Carlos and Torres as our options I'm certain that Unai will go with at least one of our CBs that knows the league, if not both. Do you truly believe he would play Carlos and Torres straight off the bat when he has two excellent options already? He has the luxury of settling them in and taking the time to do it

The "only signing players with PL experience or GTFO" wasn't aimed at you, was more the other poster harping on about PL.

I agree with what you say, when we sign Torres, I don't think he will be going straight in the side and a partnership with Carlos immediately leaving and Mings and Konsa suddenly play second fiddle as such.

It will be one and one (new and experience) whether that be Konsa and Carlos or Torres and Mings or whatever.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Come back to me after start of season when we see what CB pairing is

What's that got to do with it?

No one is saying he will be starting both Torres or Carlos.

For what it's worth, Carlos would most likely be on the bench and it will be either Mings or Konsa that would start alongside Torres imo.

Not sure what that has got to do with signing players who have no PL though?

I'm looking forward to Unai Emery buying players who naturally fit his intended style of football. Pau Torres is a prime example of a player who will allow us to play the ball out from the back with a greater degree of technique and safety. Tielemans should add a similar improvement to our pass completion rate in front of Torres.

That would be two positive additions if Torres signs. 

• Like 1

Â