Youri Tielemans

thejoker

We signed him on a free so I suspect, even wages considered, he’s one of the cheaper transfers from an FFP perspective. So it’s difficult to talk about him in terms of bad value if he ends up little more than a bench player 

But it sticks in the throat that he’s in the press complaining about not playing. Bad player with a bad attitude 

He looks so slow, weak and generally un-athletic that I can’t understand how he’s still a professional footballer.

How anyone at the club has seen anything from him that’s made him look a worthwhile signing, I’ll never know. I really thought our recruitment would be much better by now. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's still early but he's been awful so far. Don't know why because we know he he can be a lot better than this?

He wasnt playing well for Leicester for over 2 seasons now, his poor performanes was one of the reasons they went down 

I think playing him in one of those attacking roles is mad behaviour. Not sure he's ever had the physicality to do it, much less nowadays. Not that he didn't have a shocker regardless but I think he's kind of set up to fail if he's playing in that position, if he's not in the more central/deeper role then I don't think there's a place for him in this set-up.

Early days, but yeah it's been poor. Maybe he should try to no expect to be played on expectations, but rather on merit like everyone else? Him publicly stating that he deserves first team football is a bit of a disgrace after these showings.

Edited by osmark86

Â