Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I watched Villa 10+ times at the start of the season before Emery came in and thought the same…

I disagree mate. Under Gerrard the players simply looked as though they didn’t know what they were meant to be doing (like their manager) rather than downing tools. 

I don’t know, @babyblue might tell me I’m talking complete nonsense, but their attitude just looked really bad to me on the few times I watched them. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I can guess which posters are going to moan about this being a random Twitter account but they've been right before. 

Better than a Sports Witness link anyway.

459AA619-CC2F-4361-AB3F-65B3ABE8BB70.jpeg

It's a fake pretending to be the previously accurate account. Some fall for it every window.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Guendouzi would cost us 30-40m and he wouldn't offer enough more than Tielemans to make up for that cost difference. Especially as that money would get put to use on other positions

Not so sure about that, as @picicata said, in theory Guendouzi should offer a lot more, and he's two years younger. I'd rather pay that now than make do with Tielemans and then want an upgrade in another couple of seasons or so. Take your point about needing to upgrade other positions also though.

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I can guess which posters are going to moan about this being a random Twitter account but they've been right before. 

Better than a Sports Witness link anyway.

459AA619-CC2F-4361-AB3F-65B3ABE8BB70.jpeg

I don't think that guy has been wrong before has he?

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Not so sure about that, as @picicata said, in theory Guendouzi should offer a lot more, and he's two years younger. I'd rather pay that now than make do with Tielemans and then want an upgrade in another couple of seasons or so. Take your point about needing to upgrade other positions also though.

If Tielemans works out, we wouldn't be thinking of selling for another 5/6 years.

Just now, Mic09 said:

If Tielemans works out, we wouldn't be thinking of selling for another 5/6 years.

Yeah fair enough...well I've just watched a YT vid of him, as not seen loads of him before. Tbh, he looks to have more to his game than I thought he did. Very tidy player.

28 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

The guys claiming it’s not happening now lol

Is this the one where they delete whichever is the wrong one in a couple of weeks and that’s how they can point to an ITK track record?

• Like 2

Sometimes I'm tempted to start one of these accounts on private, just tweet out a bunch of relatively feasible signings, hope a few are right, delete the wrong ones, then go un-private and suddenly have a masterful ITK record. At that point, you might as well get as many wrong as you like as long as you delete them, since clearly it doesn't matter (whispers kept going for 2 years despite being completely different from the OG actually ITK one). Unfortunately, I'm not sad enough to do that... yet.

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Sometimes I'm tempted to start one of these accounts on private, just tweet out a bunch of relatively feasible signings, hope a few are right, delete the wrong ones, then go un-private and suddenly have a masterful ITK record. At that point, you might as well get as many wrong as you like as long as you delete them, since clearly it doesn't matter (whispers kept going for 2 years despite being completely different from the OG actually ITK one). Unfortunately, I'm not sad enough to do that... yet.

Yea don’t do it. There’s enough of them out there already. 

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Oh god, this this based on the word of a guy who allegedly knows Youri's second cousins dog?

Still more reliable than Gregg from Athletic

• Like 2

6 hours ago, picicata said:

It's a fair point and I'm by no means saying I'm definitely correct I have been wrong many times,  just a feeling I get.

To me It's like buying a coat because it's in the sales even though it's not the coat you actually wanted and it's not quite the right size. You might wear it occasionally but you'll always be wishing you'd just paid the extra for the coat you really coveted 

On the other hand, you live with a really good tailor who can alter the coat to be exactly how you want it. He's already turned the old pair of jeans and the jumper your nan bought you that you were going to take down to the local charity shop into superb looking designer wear, so letting the coat out a bit so that it fits your style shouldn't be too much of an issue for him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Yea don’t do it. There’s enough of them out there already. 

Next you'll be telling me not to make a Twitter villa news aggregator because there's already about 10 of them, with villareport the only good one!

17 minutes ago, Risso said:

On the other hand, you live with a really good tailor who can alter the coat to be exactly how you want it. He's already turned the old pair of jeans and the jumper your nan bought you that you were going to take down to the local charity shop into superb looking designer wear, so letting the coat out a bit so that it fits your style shouldn't be too much of an issue for him.

That would be my hope

59 minutes ago, av1 said:

I disagree mate. Under Gerrard the players simply looked as though they didn’t know what they were meant to be doing (like their manager) rather than downing tools. 

I don’t know, @babyblue might tell me I’m talking complete nonsense, but their attitude just looked really bad to me on the few times I watched them. 

Correct, too many players had checked out and the rest were totally demoralised by Rodgers. 

• Thanks 1

Â