Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, Davkaus said:

He was basically asked the same question 3 or 4 times trying to get a reaction, can see why it gets a bit frustrating, but yeah, he should have just answered it once and shut that shit down in the follow up questions

Fair enough, I presumably only saw the final time he was asked, the successful reaction response.

Couldn't give a monkeys who wins the league. The main thing I care about is if Rodri is playing tonight. They just don't lose when he plays. 

• Like 2

Good for football for Arsenal to win the title. Not that they're some plucky underdog but someone taking it off the oil state is a good thing. The fact that they have irritating supporters shows that they're a real club too. Those kind of spiky feelings between fans are good for the game. No one feels anything when City win except a grinding sense of apathy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Couldn't give a monkeys who wins the league. The main thing I care about is if Rodri is playing tonight. They just don't lose when he plays. 

Now look what you've gone and done!.. :D

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He's right from a managerial stand point as of course, champions league is important to qualify for, but crikey, talk about how to endear yourself to a fan base 🤣

The bragging rights aren’t trophies line was equally just as good. He’s either going to get sacked or he’s going to slowly change it there. I don’t know if they will give him time.

40 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I love that Spurs have lost Kane, had injuries, should finish 5th, still not mathematically out of 4th and load of their fans want to bin new manager

You've obviously not seen some of the AFTV fans eVeRyTiMe they lose a game 😂.

I really hope we never get that bad 

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I’d rather city win than Arsenal. I love arsenals style of play but their manager and fans are so entitled. 

Who cares if City win another title. 

I agree. Plus there's still a very slim chance that titles are taken off them for cheating and I don't think there would be as much kudos in a retrospective title awarded years later!

Can’t we just fast forward today, feeling very tense and it’s not even midday yet.

Not sure my nerves can take another week of this, praying City can get the job done tonight and we can all just enjoy the next 5 days.

• Like 3

Spare a thought for Stevie “Chelsea should be wiping the floor with Villa” Gerrard, gents. Makes the day just a bit sunnier, doesn’t it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He's not a doubt is he?

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

Spare a thought for Stevie “Chelsea should be wiping the floor with Villa” Gerrard, gents. Makes the day just a bit sunnier, doesn’t it?

The pundits have had to accept that he is a shit manager, and I like that.

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

With the amount of money they spent, they should be wiping the floor with us tbh. Not just us, most teams in the division.

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Last night was great, but we really should have sealed CL.

Martinez did not have a lot to do, but at the other end we had a number of chances to win that game.

Liverpool were damned lucky to get a draw.

Hopefully tonight seals it for us.

Great how we dug it out but agree on the balance of the game it was a great chance for 3 points

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lochheads twin said:

Unholy Alliances!

Some very interesting allegiances for  tonights game

image.png.db83a5b75b60453a836aee1c79c5b6b0.png

I'll be more than happy with a draw, although that may keep me on the edge of the seat until the end.

🤣🤣🤣

I'm assuming the Chelsea fans don't want Arsenal to win, but I don't pay enough attention to Newcastle to know why they would care?

Edit. Ignore that, just looked at the table (don't normally look at the lowly teams below 5th) and realised that both Chelsea and Newcastle could mathematically catch Spurs.

Edited by TheStagMan