Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If 67 points is enough, we finish 4th. If it isn't, we finish 5th. 

We're done for the season IMO, this team doesn't look remotely like getting anything off Liverpool or Palace. 

Minimum we'll get in those two games is a point. No way we lose both.

I'm just praying for a Burnley result, because I can't bring myself to hope the sportswashing scum win a game and the title. 

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

No kids in the starting 11 tonight unlike Newcastle who played 17 year old miley when no fit players or Liverpool who played 4 kids in a carabao cup final (and won)

Is it possible that Lewis Miley is just uncommonly good, and that none of our youth players are equivalent?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Moreno, Mings, Kamara, Ramsey, Tielemans, Rogers, Zaniolo, Buendia, Bailey playing through injury. Did I miss anyone?

interesting isnt it, however you argue it in terms of who would or wouldnt be in the "first 11", whichever way you cook it, that list at least covers 40-50% of our outfield 10 who would defo be starters if they were fit.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why's that I wonder. What are the bookies factoring in?

Given what this thread is like tonight I think Spurs got 3 points from Villa vs Olympiacos?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we look like a team who have played 53 games and have a lot of injuries 

Don't spoil the narrative now. We are done remember. Impossible for us to score or get anymore points. Not like it's been a record-breaking season or anything.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Moreno, Mings, Kamara, Ramsey, Tielemans, Rogers, Zaniolo, Buendia, Bailey playing through injury. Did I miss anyone?

Only 7 starters out plus Bailey and a key bench player. That’s nothing…

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Mings, Ramsey and Buendia coming back next season after missing the whole year is huge.

3 "like a new signing" players will be enough to perk Deadly out of his grave.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We’ll only get 4th if spurs fail to beat Man City, that’s our only hope. We look like a relegation side at the moment, it’s a disgrace.

Either the players pull themselves together, show some fight and desire and energy, and get a result in the next 2 games, or they risk throwing the whole season away. It’s really up to them

I’m disgusted with them for their performance over the 2 legs of that European semi. Really disgusted.

Our league form over the last 6 matches has us joint 8th (with Liverpool).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm just praying for a Burnley result, because I can't bring myself to hope the sportswashing scum win a game and the title. 

honest if 4th is on the line for us i genuinely couldnt give a flying ****, i hope city win 8-0, even let grealish get a hattrick **** it

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

honest if 4th is on the line for us i genuinely couldnt give a flying ****, i hope city win 8-0, even let grealish get a hattrick **** it

Me too, but I wouldn't **** like it :D 

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Anyone dismissing the notion of tiredness being an issue needs to consider two things.

1) The mental preparation for each game based on the level of analysis Emery and his team drive into the players.

2) The physical fatigue. Spurs have played 38 games so far this season, with 3 to go. Moussa Diaby alone has made 51 appearances. That's a HUGE disparity.

Yeah but it’s not as easy to have big ****ing whinge when you take those facts into consideration.

Better to just whine about the players not being up to it despite being good enough to have us knocking on the door of finishing fourth for the first time in nearly 30 years, that’s much better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

You would think we where bottom four not top 4 reading some comments ..

It's not about what we've achieved (a huge amount), it's about how we look dead on our feet and have been very poor for three games in a row. Tiredness isn't an excuse, it's just a fact. We're gassed. 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

we just beat Palace... simples

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is it possible that Lewis Miley is just uncommonly good, and that none of our youth players are equivalent?

No.

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why are the dickheads on here always dickheads?

The very loud minority who love to post overtly negative stuff in the match threads seem to revel a little too much in a loss and poor performance. It's not even constructive most of the time.