Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

A kid who’s not played in the Premier League is not going to be our sudden saviour.

Exactly. We have nobody to bring in that makes any improvement. 

• Like 1

Don’t see another point for us, so just need Liverpool and Man City to beat Spurs.  I worry if they draw one of them, Sheff Utd will gift them the goal difference to finish above us.

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Don’t see another point for us, so just need Liverpool and Man City to beat Spurs.  I worry if they draw one of them, Sheff Utd will gift them the goal difference to finish above us.

Now that would be classic Villa! 😂 

I really wanted us to qualify for the CL on merit.

Not limp dick it over the line because Spurs fail to pick up enough points.

Expected a much better performance against Brighton than what i saw considering how half arsed we looked in the european game midweek.

7 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Funny how when your tied mentally and physically how that happens.

Our best players have played about 10 more matches than ManC best players this season. That is one of the reason our form have dropped off lately, while ManC is better late in the season than in the start.

we need a larger and better squad for next season, and some luck when it comes to injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think we are going to end up bottling this. Based on the last few performances I genuinely don’t see us getting another point.. I cannot stand Liverpool, every time I want them to win they never do

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not lost 3 on the bounce all season . Only lost two on the bounce once in the league. 

Tank is absolutely empty. 

Relying on Liverpool and Man City now. 

2 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Our best players have played about 10 more matches than ManC best players this season. That is one of the reason our form have dropped off lately, while ManC is better late in the season than in the start.

we need a larger and better squad for next season, and some luck when it comes to injuries. 

We need to have less rotten luck that results in the important players getting injured.

On 03/05/2024 at 10:26, Tayls said:

People jumping the gun a tad here, I feel. This is by no means done. We have to win a game, and the three games we have are all really really difficult. 

I was right! Hahaaaaaaaa 

• Confused 1

As much I'm disappointed with the performance and the result, this was not what I would call a 'bottle job'. 

You got to be mad to think fatigued would not play in as part of our final run, and remember the horrendous injury list has continued throughout this campaign, now even Rogers looks ****.

Perhaps Emery should have gambled on getting some of the kids involved today but then that doesn't guarantee result. We almost did get a point if it wasnt for a soft pen (which I guess it's the right call but then again Rogers should had one earlier )

5th place is not a disaster, would be great we get 4th (come on Liverpool!!! One day only) instead of calling players bottle jobs, let's appreciate how they have managed this long and tough run of a campaign.

• Like 1

If Spurs can beat Liverpool as so many seem to think, then so can we, just because we played poorly today doesn't mean we will do so for the rest of the season, it doesn't work like that

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I really wanted us to qualify for the CL on merit.

Not limp dick it over the line because Spurs fail to pick up enough points.

Expected a much better performance against Brighton than what i saw considering how half arsed we looked in the european game midweek.

If we get CL then we have got there on merit, not because we “limped” over the line, it will be because of the 67 hard earned points (plus anything else) during a very long season.  Merit for all the records and wins we have done this season from home streak record, beating Arsenal twice, Man City once and many more.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Which we can't get without champions league income.

1 minute ago, useless said:

If Spurs can beat Liverpool as so many seem to think, then so can we, just because we played poorly today doesn't mean we will do so for the rest of the season, it doesn't work like that

It's just we need to win by 3 on Thursday to avoid extra time.  It's a very different challenge under those circumstances.  Hopefully Liverpool do the job today anyway.