Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Can’t see that happening since they got knocked out by Roma last round.

I forgot well it's donezo anyway

Edited by MotoMkali

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I honestly think some of you are insane. "There are bigger prizes out there". Well we havent won any prize, big or small for nearly 30 years. There are loads of Villa fans who have never seen us win a trophy. The Championship argument is absolute nonsense as well you know.

The club going backwards? We're having our best season for 30 years. "We shouldnt focus on winning a trophy that we're 4 games away from doing, we need to focus on winning trophies". As I said, utterly insane.

For real Villa fans out there reading this, as we get better with fans coming out of the woodwork and jumping on the bandwagon, get used to seeing this kind of snobbiness and arrogance because you're going to see a hell of a lot more of it. The worst thing is, the same fans who are shitting on a European trophy (that Roma were delighted to win I might add), will be the same fans, front and center, basking in the glory if we do win it. Makes me sick.

Feels like you've read waaay more into my post than was actually written, but whatever. Thanks for all the insults.

• Like 1

Part of me is confident we will get 4th and the Villa part of me is convinced that we will finish 5th hence why the European campaign for English clubs has gone how it has this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just taking it one game at a time now with regards the UCL.  So focus only on Bournemouth until that's out the way. Then it's Chelsea and then it's Spurs v Arsenal 

• Like 1

We were lagging but that performance against The Arse has given me renewed belief that we’ve got plenty left in the tank and that we can get the required performance levels from now to end of season. 

McGinn is rested and Luiz will be too. I think we’ll win all 5. Or win 4 and draw one. The only game I’m apprehensive about is the Chelsea one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, will87 said:

English teams have had their pants pulled down in the transfer market, spent nearly as much as the other 4 leagues combined.

Chelsea probably spent 80% of that themselves!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

There are lots of positives to this:

•  No longer need to root for Arsenal or City or Liverpool 
  • Everyone knows the score, no hesitation needed. We will have to win and get to 72 most likely
  •  City and Arsenal can turn all their focus on thrashing Spurs 
  • No asterisk on getting UCL. Will be of our own accord

Win the next two I’ll be super confident but right now it’s all 49/51 in our favour

47 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Everyone knows the score, no hesitation needed. We will have to win and get to 72 most likely

Points? I’d say 69, maybe 70 in case of a GD swing. But agree with the rest of your post.

I’d also say this will have been more of a psychological blow to Spurs than us, as they sit 5th. Hope they crumble as usual

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Beat Bournemouth at the weekend and we probably just need a win and a draw to get 4th. 

I can see spurs getting 10 pts max out of their next 6 games, its gonna go to the wire and im not sure i have the heart mechanisms to cope 😭 

We will need two wins and a draw which im confident we can achieve and then hope our GD is in better state than theirs. 

56 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

There are lots of positives to this:

•  No longer need to root for Arsenal or City or Liverpool 
  • Everyone knows the score, no hesitation needed. We will have to win and get to 72 most likely
  •  City and Arsenal can turn all their focus on thrashing Spurs 
  • No asterisk on getting UCL. Will be of our own accord

Well actually it’s reverse because we do NEED to root for Arsenal, City and LIV as they all face Spurs who we need to drop points every game possible.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

OMG Arsenal lost worst day ever. Its not like our season is in our own hands

Embarrassing from our "fans"

Sorry, but everyone is entitled to react to tonight's results as they see fit, especially in the heat of the moment, and without worrying if their fandom will be questioned!

As for my reaction,  the English CL flameouts heap pressure on Villa, no question about it. 

There would be much less anxiety about our fate had at least one of the English sides won tonight.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3