Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

Guess it all depends on who starts on the weekend and who our settled 11 is but for sake of argument it makes sense to play the likes of Olsen, Tielemans, Coutinho and Digne if they are not automatic starters. I wouldn't want to see more than 4, max 5 changes. Thankfully our squad is a lot better than it was. 

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Ridiculous and unnecesarry to play a full strenght team against teams like Hibernian.

There is just no way Emery will risk that

Changes will be made, of course.  Just shouldn't be as many as you're suggesting.  4 or 5 max.  

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

On hibs.net the following has been quoted concerning the Hearts/Hibs fixture clash:

7.1 If there is a clash between two UEFA Europa Conference League home matches, one fixture is played as scheduled and the other is reversed. The fixture involving the team higher up on the following order of priority of UEFA Europa Conference League participants (among the two clashing teams) is not reversed:

a) Domestic champion club

b) UEFA Europa Conference League titleholder

c) Domestic cup winner

d) Next best-ranked team in their domestic league championship (N2, N3, N4, N5, etc.)

e) League cup winner (if applicable)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Looks like it might be reversed then unfortunately. Would have preferred the home leg second as per the draw.

I'd prefer the home leg first as it's boring to go to the home match if we're already winning say 4-0 from the away leg.

Just now, ender4 said:

I'd prefer the home leg first as it's boring to go to the home match if we're already winning say 4-0 from the away leg.

Good point. Smash them off the park first leg and then rest some players second leg so we’re fresh for Liverpool 3 days later

Play a strong team in the first leg and then rotate in the second if we have a comfortable lead.

We can afford to rotate more in the tournament proper because we'll have group stages so time to rescue any bad results

We'll use our squad, for league and cup, I'd imagine the team for the cup game won't have more than 3 or 4 changes to the starting eleven, use subs, use the team. Get through. Anyway, not worried we have someone as manager who quite likes european football really

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

That's a bold move after Stevange. 

That was also barely 2 months into Unai's time with the squad. Not that I expect us to make that many changes, but I think at least 7 from that starting eleven have left now? We have a squad drilled the Emery way to facilitate greater rotation. But again, would be surprised if it was more than 4 changes myself

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Making a few changes is one thing but changing 82% of the starting lineup is a bit extreme.

Will be interesting to see if there actually is a fixed starting lineup this coming season. We have strengths in depth on almost all positions. (And the transfer window is still open.)