Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Knowing our luck in the past with cup games I'm surprised we didn't draw Man United.

In fairness I'll expecting to hear 'by God that's Man U's music...!' right up to kick off of the first leg.

Please move discussion to new threads in the match forums. If you'd like a general thread for the whole competition, that can go in "Other Football". If there are further draws, then  a thread in this forum for each draw is fine (I really don't understand this competition :mrgreen:). We'll probably move a thread from one match forum to the next about the "group" that we are in as that keeps everything together.

This is new, so PM a mod or use report if you think there's a better way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Be interesting to see how they price this one, will either be a flat £20-£30 or CAT A

And the rest of it! The home game will sell out 100% only way it doesnt is if the 1st legs ovee and we lose by a heavy scoreline

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And the rest of it! The home game will sell out 100% only way it doesnt is if the 1st legs ovee and we lose by a heavy scoreline

What if we win the first leg 5-0 and the tie is all but won?

Of all scenarios don't expect the club to do anyone a favour. They'd rather be 30k @ £50+ than a sold out rocking atmosphere at £25 - £30

38 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Really? Suprised by that one.

3 Scottish teams have got to European finals in last 20 years. Not sure if any Swiss teams have managed it. Don’t know how they rank it mind you. 

48 minutes ago, John said:

A few early reactions from hibs.net (Link below):

"Was always going to happen eh?"

"Please win, I need to see that man again"

"Villa it is - not one that I wanted"

"It's a glamour tie, but we'll get absolutely hammered. I'd have preferred a tie where we had at least some chance of getting through. The tie will be over before we even ger to Villa Park."

"That’s an absolutely brilliant draw...Perfect motivation to buck our ideas up and find a way to beat Luzern."

"Over two legs, Villa would probably score into double figures against the current Hibs team. Fortunately* there's not a cat in hell's chance of us playing them."

"What a brilliant draw. If the prospect of playing villa does not boot these Hibs players up the arse to perform, then nothing will."

"Aston Villa would scud both Celtic and Rangers. We obviously wouldn't go through but what a trip that would be. Please let it happen."

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?363232-UEFA-Europa-Conference-League-Play-off-draw&s=ea37cfe98d63b4b3c7beb281b3f1868d

Great to see! I hope they make it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Would they not give us a whole end though, so approx. 4-5k?

they're only required to give 5% so about 1k. they might give more though i guess