Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Let's not get too arrogant. Play the best team we can and get it done

Yep, can't say anyone will have played too many games at the start of the season, get in the groups and then look at it game by game...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

That was early on in Unai's reight, very different

I'd go pretty much a full B team

We also did that last time we were in Europe, which didn't end well. 

Full strength until matchday 4, then we can start resting players if we're more or less through.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Talk of leaving 9 players out not only shows arrogance and belittling your opposition its just wrong on every level.

Id be disgusted if we did that as its very disrespectful 

With 9 changes you are talking about the level of players as Tielemans, Digne, Bailey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Scotland is rated a stronger league than Switzerland by UEFA.

Yes but we all know it is because of Celtic and Rangers.

My Brother-in-law is an Aberdeen fan who says Hibs are shockingly bad at the moment and doubts they'll even beat Luzern.

I agree with the sentiment, no messing; full strength team all the way.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

I think we're forgetting that our way of playing and the squad we're putting together means we can change a number of players without seriously weakening the team or belittling opponents. 

For example, if we rest our 'first choice CBs' we'd still have Carlos and Pau as reserves. 

Our second string CMs are Belgium's starting midfield. 

With GK rotation, there's five changes that could easily happen. 

The team and way of playing would still be strong though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

I think we're forgetting that our way of playing and the squad we're putting together means we can change a number of players without seriously weakening the team or belittling opponents. 

For example, if we rest our 'first choice CBs' we'd still have Carlos and Pau as reserves. 

Our second string CMs are Belgium's starting midfield. 

With GK rotation, there's five changes that could easily happen. 

The team and way of playing would still be strong though. 

Might take a while for us to come round to this. I don’t think we’ve ever had a squad this strong. 

What's the point of having a squad if you're not going to let some of the less favoured players get some game time?

If younger players and those fighting for a spot in the first 11 can't get a crack in this kind of fixture, what's the point of them being here?

• Like 1

I'm all for rotating, just don't want us to play a complete B-side in the cups. Especially not in the qualifiers when everything is at stake. Make sure we are actually in the cup before we get too clever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What's the point of having a squad if you're not going to let some of the less favoured players get some game time?

If younger players and those fighting for a spot in the first 11 can't get a crack in this kind of fixture, what's the point of them being here?

2nd leg if the tie is already almost won then last 3 group games.

Don't piss about in the play-off round and not even make it out of the UK on our long-awaited European adventure.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

With 9 changes you are talking about the level of players as Tielemans, Digne, Bailey

Making a few changes is one thing but changing 82% of the starting lineup is a bit extreme.