Marco Asensio

wishywashy

I almost allowed myself to indulge this actually happening.... 

Lets stick to realistic targets in the future.

No overpaid bit part player actually believes in a project.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, allani said:

How many of us thought that Emery was a realistic target when we were sitting outside the relegation zone only on goals scored?

Emery was far more realistic than Asensio, I was surprised but Emery values a project, bench players at Real value money...

• Like 2

We seriously as a fan base run the risk of making ourselves look ridiculous by getting silly over transfer deals that would be great if they came off but realistically are never going to happen. Better to stay quiet and wait for things to be finalised. We are moving forward but in the minds of top players we are not in the big league yet. Be patient.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm glad we're being linked with players that are choosing between us a champions league clubs. It shows were being ambitious enough. 

He might not have even considered us

we were probably only used to get him a bigger pay packet

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smg said:

We seriously as a fan base run the risk of making ourselves look ridiculous by getting silly over transfer deals that would be great if they came off but realistically are never going to happen. Better to stay quiet and wait for things to be finalised. We are moving forward but in the minds of top players we are not in the big league yet. Be patient.

I've seen stranger things happen... I also doubt anyone thought Coutinho or even Carlos would come here last season either for example.

Improbable, yes, but I think some people only put players into " realistically never going to happen " only based on the club they play for, not necessarily due to attainability, or ability for that matter.

How West Ham stunned the football world 14 years ago but almost paid the  ultimate price - football.london

Asensio isn't Haaland, Bellingham, Benzema or Rafael Leao or something.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm glad we're being linked with players that are choosing between us a champions league clubs. It shows were being ambitious enough. 

Even if the links are made up click bait?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, smg said:

Do you really care what other fans think of us? We’ve just had our best season in over 10 yrs, we have top owners and one of the worlds best coaches at us, why not dream big

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Do you really care what other fans think of us? We’ve just had our best season in over 10 yrs, we have top owners and one of the worlds best coaches at us, why not dream big

Just being realistic is probably better because some suggestions on here are very premature I’ve every hope given our owners and manager that in time we will be able to attract top players in their prime but we need to be patient. 

32 minutes ago, smg said:

Just being realistic is probably better because some suggestions on here are very premature I’ve every hope given our owners and manager that in time we will be able to attract top players in their prime but we need to be patient. 

Being realistic is boring. Just go wild with your dreams, and have a fun life.

Remembers that even if your dreams goes absolutely out of control, it will have no impact on how the club is run and who we sign.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don't give a toss what fans of other clubs think of us. If their opinions were worth anything they would already support Villa.

• Like 3

Â