Harvey Barnes

Delphinho123

52E00706-D664-43A3-9F8B-7E67D38AE11C.thumb.jpeg.76923ad04477fe44750dfa1fb9f6c396.jpeg

This is why those of us who don’t want to sign him are against the signing. Pass completion, successful take-ons, and shot creating actions are just really poor. You take his goals away, and he’s an average player. 

Edited by Rich192
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, jim said:

Yep and scored 12 goals in 33 games in the Eredivisie. VillaTalk would be creaming themselves.

They really wouldnt thats a dreadful record for Eredivisie

Now if SPL and managed by serial winner Stevie G we might cream ourselves

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just leaving this here.

Screenshot_20230526-214429_Chrome.jpg

AEG still doesn't get the respect he deserves...

Oh and Harvey will probably cost 5 times what Anwar did.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i know Emery said in his interview "we will assess all the players and formulate or summer strategy after the Brighton game".........but.......

Do we really believe that?, i dont tbh, i can imagine/understand they dont want to unsettle any players while the season is running, but i dont believe for one second that they dont have their transfer plans 95-99% nailed down already in terms of their desired targets etc!?

Wasn't he speaking specifically about the players out on loan?  I read that as deciding our strategy with the loanees i.e. in terms of Archer - do we bring him back, do we look to loan him back to Boro or do we try and sell him now.

3 hours ago, wishywashy said:

It's really simple, but we lack players who rack up pure goals and assists. Who else other than Watkins in this squad could you say could realistically hit 10 Prem goals in a season? Brighton have four, for comparison.

The bedding in period for Barnes will be much simpler, too: no need to move houses given Bodymoor Heath is an hour's drive away. Combined with Leicester's probable relegation and the fact they're broke as it is, and I think it'll end up being a deal too good to turn down.

Signing Barnes would mean that Ramsey drops to the bench.  I think Ramsey's ceiling is higher so I would be disappointed if we drop him to the bench for Barnes.  Ramsey will probably not start as many matches next season because I do think we will be signing an attacking midfielder - I'm just not sure that Barnes is a big enough upgrade to warrant it.  Especially as he and Moreno (assuming he recovers from his injury) would be looking to attack the same space.

• Like 1

Barnes reminds me of that Saint Maximin from Newcastle, looks good at times and overhyped after a few good games but in the end Newcastle have proven to be a much better team without him

Ramsey is/will be a better player than Barnes

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I don't want to comment on the usefulness of @useless, i was merely saying that dicks are not all always useful, in fact they can be barely utilized and still make you anything but useless in the sack. 

and if your sack is useless it can cause other issues

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I don't want to comment on the usefulness of @useless, i was merely saying that dicks are not all always useful, in fact they can be barely utilized and still make you anything but useless in the sack. 

You sound caged 😉

Not for me.

I'm probably harsh in saying he always scores a wonder goal v us and then does nothing for us but I've watched most Leicester games since DS came in and he's been really poor and not stepped up at all in attack or even tracking back much and helping out whoever their LB is.

Not convinced he'd be a great fit in our team either, has feel of a Curcic/Alan Thompson/N'zogbia who posts good stats in relegation team and then can't step up for us higher up the table.

There's better value abroad.

47 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

52E00706-D664-43A3-9F8B-7E67D38AE11C.thumb.jpeg.76923ad04477fe44750dfa1fb9f6c396.jpeg

This is why those of us who don’t want to sign him are against the signing. Pass completion, successful take-ons, and shot creating actions are just really poor. You take his goals away, and he’s an average player. 

This...  Scoring a lot against bottom half clubs while looking like a Sunday League player against the Top 6 isn't good enough for where we want to go.  

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Would rather Kang-in or Williams. Unless we are getting all 3?

Kang from what I was seeing last night in Mallorca game likes to drift in from left so yes getting him and Barnes in will feel a bit like overkill if we're not in europe especially as Ramsey currently has more chance of starting for us on left than centrally.

I'd say the obvious solution is just to go big on a Bailey replacement for the right side. If that player can also fill in decently as CF for games here and there so much the better.

• Like 1

Â