Harvey Barnes

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, jim said:

Would be a good signing, 12 goals for a team scrapping relegation isn’t to be sniffed at.

It's a very good return no doubt. Just checked though and Nzogbia scored 9 prem goals the season before we signed him.

Barnes all round game isn't great so that's my doubts on him especially at the price we'll have to pay.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Do we have an aversion to British players now that we’re full of continental swagger?

Not at all. Jarred Bowen would be a brilliant fit in our team imo. Shame we didn't sign him the season we came up when he was still at Hull up to the January although I'm not sure DS would've used him the way West Ham have. This season he hasn't been that good but been solid since the World cup break and 12 goals in all competitions so pretty much same as Barnes and he has a better all round threat.

I also think if we were still playing 4-2-3-1 I'd be happy with Maddison being targeted. Lost form again recently but on his day he's a match winner and a more reliable passer in final third than Buendia but seems him going to Newcastle is pretty much done so see if he kicks on with them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Matt is well respected at the club and has proper sources. This is on it seems, especially when they go down..

I’ll be honest, we have a LOT of money, if this is the best we can find, I’d be disappointed. 

I think he’d be an absolutely fantastic signing. Think he’ll have teams above us chasing him tbh. 12 goals in this Leicester team is not bad at all - if we had an attacking mid capable of scoring 12 we’d have been top six this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allani said:

Signing Barnes would mean that Ramsey drops to the bench.  I think Ramsey's ceiling is higher so I would be disappointed if we drop him to the bench for Barnes.

Firstly it’s about a squad game, and secondly in the line up we have played this season I would expect Barnes to be in the second striker role Bailey has been in.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, kidlewis said:

If Leicester go down him, Tielmens and Maddison would all be good enough, but the question will be the fees. 

if the price is right…. COME ON DOWN

Tielemans at least is on a free.

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Take my dick away, and I’m absolutely useless in bed.

You would have trouble scoring too?

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Firstly it’s about a squad game, and secondly in the line up we have played this season I would expect Barnes to be in the second striker role Bailey has been in.

a position he hasnt played this season and not sure he has much in his entire career

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think he’d be an absolutely fantastic signing. Think he’ll have teams above us chasing him tbh. 12 goals in this Leicester team is not bad at all - if we had an attacking mid capable of scoring 12 we’d have been top six this season. 

I don't...  He's more of an Everton, West Ham, or Crystal Palace signing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

a position he hasnt played this season and not sure he has much in his entire career

Yeah exactly, this is where you should trust smart people like me and Unai Emery to tell you laymen where a slight tweak in position would mean a player would flourish.

Edited by Adam2003

24 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think you are holding the league table the wrong way up.  Turn it round - I know it is hard to believe but we're near the top this season.

13 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

If Leicester go down him, Tielmens and Maddison would all be good enough, but the question will be the fees. 

if the price is right…. COME ON DOWN

Agent Deano...

7na674.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, allani said:

I think you are holding the league table the wrong way up.  Turn it round - I know it is hard to believe but we're near the top this season.

Very good. Pretty well documented that, for example, Newcastle are after him to name one. Anyway, we will see.

50 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Tielemans at least is on a free.

He would want a hefty signing on fee and ridiculous wages. He isn’t a upgrade on any of our starting midfielders either imo. 

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

He would want a hefty signing on fee and ridiculous wages. He isn’t a upgrade on any of our starting midfielders either imo. 

Oh I agree, I wasn’t saying we should go for him. He’ll go to Arsenal I would think.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have seen him in games look useless and anonymous

I have seen everyone in our entire side look useless and anonymous in games.  Guess what, they aren't all bad at all.

Barnes is a good player and may fit well with us. However as others have pointed out he wouldn’t be cheap, English premium and all that. 

You’d think that our recruitment team, especially with our new Spanish based scouts and of course Unai’s input, we’d be able to find better value elsewhere. 

Â