Harvey Barnes

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why? Because they play abroad.

Because Harvey Barnes is over rated and I think will be over priced thanks to England tax.

The other two have significantly better pass completion, better shot creating figures, they're better at carrying the ball, and better at taking on defenders.. . Barnes is really only better at scoring. Yes, we need more scorers across the team, but I don't think Barnes is our answer for that.  If Emery thinks different I'll trust him of course. 

Taking the respective leagues into account they might struggle more here, but they're also significantly younger than Barnes is.

Williams release fee about 40m, kang ins about £15m. Barnes was reported to be costing £50m. I think we can get better for less.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Because Harvey Barnes is over rated and I think will be over priced thanks to England tax.

The other two have significantly better pass completion, better shot creating figures, they're better at carrying the ball, and better at taking on defenders.. . Barnes is really only better at scoring. Yes, we need more scorers across the team, but I don't think Barnes is our answer for that.  If Emery thinks different I'll trust him of course. 

Taking the respective leagues into account they might struggle more here, but they're also significantly younger than Barnes is.

Williams release fee about 40m, kang ins about £15m. Barnes was reported to be costing £50m. I think we can get better for less.

I trust Emery's opinion by a factor of 1000x more than anyone on VT. So I find any debate about transfers kind of redundant this summer.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

I trust Emery's opinion by a factor of 1000x more than anyone on VT. So I find any debate about transfers kind of redundant this summer.

Great,  See you in August. 

• Like 1

Winger, direct, pacy, dribbler. 

Where he plays is a good question ultimately but we are in dire need of this kind of target. 

The kind of player that can have an impact as a starter but also can provide a good boost of the bench. 

Fits the archetype of the type of player we’re looking for (besides being left footed) so it’s a matter of fees and wages. 

23 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

No Championship player will cost 50m.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Matt is well respected at the club and has proper sources. This is on it seems, especially when they go down..

I’ll be honest, we have a LOT of money, if this is the best we can find, I’d be disappointed. 

Harvey Barnes is a good player who often plays well against Villa.

Yet I feel a little uninspired by this...

Also what seems quite alarming is how Villa are yet to finalise Summer plans.

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That will be a standard line that every club will use. It’s rubbish, they will already know exactly how they want, and have probably already spoken to them. 

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

English player from Premier League.  Far more exciting to be linked to a random foreigner that you (not YOU) know little about.

Barnes is a cracking player, basically done all his formative stuff and is now about to enter peak career time.  Exactly the sort of player we're missing in the side (I was hoping Bailey would be it, but...) - he'd be a very good signing.

• Like 3

Would be an amazing get, even better with a relegation discount. Would easily double the current output we are getting from the second striker role. Could also play in one of the wide midfielder roles when we want to play an attacking lineup. Finally this will make up for Leicester snipping Albrighton off of us after we tumbled down the Prem. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

If only he was called Harvey Barnesi... 

Yep and scored 12 goals in 33 games in the Eredivisie. VillaTalk would be creaming themselves.

• Like 4

What was that ginger guy from Brentford that looked like Xavi vs us. Barnes is the Premier League version, a good record vs us then is a must sign player

Edited by Zatman

Just now, Zatman said:

What was that ginger guy from Brentford that looked like Xavi vs us. Barnes is the Premier League version, a good game vs us then is a must sign player

Some people watch more than just our own games.  Also didn’t realise he scored 12 goals against us this season ;)

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Some people watch more than just our own games.  Also didn’t realise he scored 12 goals against us this season ;)

I have seen him in games look useless and anonymous

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Harvey Barnes is a good player who often plays well against Villa.

Our plans probably shift a little depending on Europe 

Â