Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

Just now, CVByrne said:

He's on record more than once saying the capacity will be increased by 1500 to 2700 additional seats. 

Hopefully! No idea how they gonna do that though 😊

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Only in terms of adding 1.500 extra Premium seats. Which is fine for now. I still expect Atarios to come out with much much bigger plans in due course.

Heck mentions rebuilding and adding to VP. This, I suspect, is over a longer period. Heck's job is very much looking for further short term growth.

I am expecting bigger news on VP redevelopment this summer. The delay on the NS may have been waiting on Atairos joining the club as a funding partner for the new ns and other projects.

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 2

He said 1000, closer to 1500. So I'm inferring that means 1300.

Still a lot of seats to magic up, but a big chunk will come from converting current boxes. And I imagine there will be some reprofiling done also that adds in an extra row or two. Then, maybe, converting some standard seats to premium on top, but you'd hope this isn't seats dedicated to ST holders already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

He said 1000, closer to 1500. So I'm inferring that means 1300.

Still a lot of seats to magic up, but a big chunk will come from converting current boxes. And I imagine there will be some reprofiling done also that adds in an extra row or two. Then, maybe, converting some standard seats to premium on top, but you'd hope this isn't seats dedicated to ST holders already.

Surely they should know the exact figure if they're doing it in a few months' time?

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely they should know the exact figure if they're doing it in a few months' time?

I'm sure he will do, he just wasn't announcing it exactly. But the fact he said 1000 first means it isn't much over the halfway mark between 1000 and 1500.

He does stretch the truth a bit at times doesn't he? I mean, yes, the original Villa Park was built in 1897 but it isn't like any of that still exists (as far as I'm aware) yet he makes it sound like we are actually playing in a Victorian stadium.

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He does stretch the truth a bit at times doesn't he? I mean, yes, the original Villa Park was built in 1897 but it isn't like any of that still exists (as far as I'm aware) yet he makes it sound like we are actually playing in a Victorian stadium.

He is promoting our heritage and history. Fair play.

• Like 1

Watching the interview again, his comment about contracts could be more about the outsourcing of our merchandising to fanatics and catering etc. something Wyness did with Everton also to much criticism. Now it’s being brought back in house with an elite brand producing the kit we should hopefully see our commercial income rocket. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Worth pointing out in his time with the sixers the TV money jumped by like 100 mil. 

Edit: Which is to say that he had no bearing on that. 

Also he took over just after the process era. So ofc he increased the money. The whole reason the new regime got put in place in Philly is because Hinkie was costing the league too much money with his personnel decisions and many games the sixers arena was like half full. Even the most incompetent moron would have been able to make a massive price increase. Even just filling the arena at basic prices would have been an extra 30 mil, before drinks and stuff or the more luxury tickets. Or considering the playoffs which have more expensive tickets and are extra games. 

Whilst he did increase the revenue a lot of it is just natural consequences of him taking over when he did. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

I think there's an argument about how good a job he's doing, but he's hear to raise incomes and incomes are rising - I don't think you can say he's doing a bad job and he's at least doing okay and probably a little better than that.

He's here to make us money, not happy.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, allani said:

I don't understand why NSWE hired a President of Business Operations.  It's obvious that new, bigger contracts would just have fallen into their laps anyway without a PBO.  They'd have been better off without wasting money on a salary and relocating someone from another country.  To be honest they could probably have got someone in on work experience and just asked them to forward on the new contracts when the postman delivered them to reception.  We probably don't need a manager either - the players should be good enough to know what they are doing - most / all of them are internationals.  How hard is it to kick a ball around a pitch and then get someone to kick it into the net (hopefully at the right end of the pitch).  The last manager was so bad that of course Emery was going to score more points than him - most of those points gained are just down to the fact that the last guy was useless.  So that's more money that could be saved.  We don't really need scouts either - just read through the suggestions made on some of the fan sites - these guys watch a load of football and can back up all their suggestions with great stats from fbref and inside information on what transfer fee their club's will demand and what wages the player will want.  I mean that's probably at least another 10 salaries that we could save straight away.

Steam was coming out of my ears for the first 2 sentences bef0re i realised😂

• Haha 1

Â