Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Isn't this literally the definition of hearsay? Which is not admissable in court because it isn't reliable.

It is hearsay so no case should be based on this. However this is social media where clearly substantiated truth seems to be of little importance. As the old saying goes “don’t spoil a good story by limiting yourself to truth and fact”.

Edited by PerryBarrPet
Grammar fault.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

It is hearsay so no case should be based on this. However this is social media where clearly substantiated truth seems to be of little importance. As the old saying goes “don’t spoil a good story by limiting yourself to truth and fact”.

I’m playing catch up could anyone enlighten me as to what’s going on/ been said?

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m playing catch up could anyone enlighten me as to what’s going on/ been said?

Best thing to do is to read the thread - not very helpful I’m afraid. Basically lots of negative speculation around Heck’s behaviour but little, if any, real proof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

An open letter published by Villa employees (allegedly) where they explain the shit Heck has been up to (if you believe it). It was on Twitter, been taken down no, but copies are available earlier in this thread. 

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah, but bearing in mind the various issues seen so far, is this guy the right guy? That's the question that needs answering. We'll see. Not a good start.

What on earth does this mean?

I'll judge him on everything at Villa off the pitch, because he's the CEO.

It's been an absolute shit show this season IMO. Communication with fans being non-existent/dishonest is not the way to work.

Whacking up ticket prices 50-150% isn't some genius move only a clever-clogs business man thinks of. If other areas of the club don't improve I'm sure we can find someone in the world who could sign off on that, and not **** up a badge consultation and upset various fan groups.

Unai doing an incredible job doesn't let others off.

You forgot to mention in your opinion. You cherry picked quotes with examples of your opinion, when a lot of fans have a different opinion. You go on about the badge but nothing has been released, ticket prices, but they are linked to revenue and the fan base either wants European football or they don’t, the owners aren’t going to continue to put there hands in their pockets, the fans also have to for it to have an impact on our profit and sustainability. Not surprising you don’t get the Council quote meaning, there are jobs where you can float through life and not be challenged and your job is guaranteed and others were you are expected to perform and will be replaced if you don’t.

35 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

You forgot to mention in your opinion.

No I didn't.

You go on about the badge but nothing has been released

Yes it has. We voted for it last season. It's on the shirt at the moment.

ticket prices are linked to revenue

Didn't say they weren't.

and the fan base either wants European football or they don’t

???

Are you saying if you don't want expensive tickets you don't want European football?

Please don't say that. It's very silly.

the owners aren’t going to continue to put there hands in their pockets

Yes they will.

the fans also have to for it to have an impact on our profit and sustainability.

Ticket sales make up around 10% of our revenue just so you know. Probably 5-7% if we qualify for Champions League.

there are jobs where you can float through life and not be challenged and your job is guaranteed and others were you are expected to perform and will be replaced if you don’t.

These cushy jobs sound interesting. Is that what you do for a living?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No I didn't.

Yes it has. We voted for it last season. It's on the shirt at the moment.

Didn't say they weren't.

???

Are you saying if you don't want expensive tickets you don't want European football?

Please don't say that. It's very silly.

Yes they will.

Ticket sales make up around 10% of our revenue just so you know. Probably 5-7% if we qualify for Champions League.

These cushy jobs sound interesting. Is that what you do for a living?

Funny how your responses reflect ignoring the facts, just to support your closed opinion.

In relation to last seasons badge that was Purslow he left the building if you missed the memo and I was referring to the debate around the new badge which hasn’t been released only what ifs….

My comment around ticket prices is it is inevitable that ticket prices and other costs will go up to improve the team on the field, our money will have more impact on profit and sustainability than the owners.

PS I didn’t say anything about cushy jobs, I talked about unambitious people who work in mundane jobs and don’t have to try to hard and their job is never at risk, it’s the difference between the public and private sector. 

Im sure you’ll come back will some piece mealed out of context reply, but it has become boring, I can’t help you if you don’t get it.

Edited by QldVilla
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll judge him on everything at Villa off the pitch, because he's the CEO.

semantics, he's not the CEO. he's the "President of Business Operations". That title is interesting, because to me he is therefore mostly responsible for any financial decisions the club makes, but other things don't fall under his remit (unless it is a business decision". Splitting up Purslow's responsibilities between Unai, Monchi, & Heck was an interesting choice though tbf. 

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

semantics, he's not the CEO. he's the "President of Business Operations". That title is interesting, because to me he is therefore mostly responsible for any financial decisions the club makes, but other things don't fall under his remit (unless it is a business decision". Splitting up Purslow's responsibilities between Unai, Monchi, & Heck was an interesting choice though tbf. 

Ironic we replaced Purslow with "three people in the aggregate"

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Ironic we replaced Purslow with "three people in the aggregate"

To be fair... Last time we tried this... It started off terribly.. but slowly got better 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Heck is definitely the Ings in this equation.

Hatton to do his " ACL " after showing signs of really coming  good, and Monchi becoming the new superstar everyone gave up on?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 18/02/2024 at 23:57, Villaphan04 said:

At what point did Purslow have responsibility for coaching and selecting the first team?

59 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

At what point did Purslow have responsibility for coaching and selecting the first team?

He didn’t? What he did have was the control over footballing matters (signing players) and now it’s been widely reported that Unai is at the top of the footballing structure now. 

15 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

He didn’t? What he did have was the control over footballing matters (signing players) and now it’s been widely reported that Unai is at the top of the footballing structure now. 

Even worse, signing mates sorry "managers"

• Thanks 1

On 23/02/2024 at 19:29, Villaphan04 said:

Praise the Lord!!!!!

On 23/02/2024 at 19:44, Zatman said:

Even worse, signing mates sorry "managers"

They weren’t all managers he had some other Scouse mates who still played, well sort of occasionally………..

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Credit where it’s due, he has negotiated us a mammoth sponsorship deal here. Well done, you c**ksucker. 

Gambling company though, a lot of people won't be please with that.

19 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Credit where it’s due, he has negotiated us a mammoth sponsorship deal here. Well done, you c**ksucker. 

Yes, it is nice to see us finally post some big sponsorship numbers to help us compete. It will be interesting to see what happens when the betting sponsors are banned from the shirt though, hopefully we will be in a good position to pick up some decent competitive non betting sponrship deal when that time comes around in a couple of years time.

Â