Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

35 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I wish they’d stop calling them the “big six”. They’re just six clubs, period. We’re the biggest club in the second biggest city. Don’t consider any of them as bigger than us. They’re the most successful clubs of the last few years, sure. But that is a transitory thing. Sky and other sycophantic media like to consider them as the big six. They’re just clubs.

Yeah this winds me up a little as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

To investors, we are. It is what it is these days. Football has evolved.

To them, yes, and I understand that but we're not just a pair of trainers to the fans. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

To them, yes, and I understand that but we're not just a pair of trainers to the fans. 

Fans are consumers for a product, the product is football. 

That’s what we are if we strip away the culture of being a football fan. 

And, that’s what we are if we strip away the culture of being a Villa Fan.

It’s jarring to be thought of just customers consuming a product. Yet, that what we doing on the most basic level. And it’s good to know that there’s people in the executive seats that know that. However, I hope they know and feel the culture here. And also know how to feed it. 

Better the culture, better the “customer”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Fans are consumers for a product, the product is football. 

That’s what we are if we strip away the culture of being a football fan. 

And, that’s what we are if we strip away the culture of being a Villa Fan.

It’s jarring to be thought of just customers consuming a product. Yet, that what we doing on the most basic level. And it’s good to know that there’s people in the executive seats that know that. However, I hope they know and feel the culture here. And also know how to feed it. 

Better the culture, better the “customer”

Yeah I agree, but that's one of the most fundamentally important things for fans tbf. It's essentially our religion. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Yeah I agree, but that's one of the most fundamentally important things for fans tbf. It's essentially our religion. 

It’s why I think we have the whole badge debacle. It’s getting the logo to the “religion” correct  

To keep the faithful happy and to attract new people to the faith. Be it as a fan or as an investor 

I want to believe this guy is the best we can get. I try to park the misgivings I have.

Then I remember that next year we potentially could have more exposure than we have ever had and that stupid redesigned badge (with a yellow lion, on pale blue with his head being shoved against the top of the new shoeld by the sqeezing in of the name and year underneath!) will be how we are represented and I just think "what a bad, bad job" has been made of that and how shoddy the treatment of fans' intelligence/ contribution to the first consultation was.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I want to believe this guy is the best we can get. I try to park the misgivings I have.

Then I remember that next year we potentially could have more exposure than we have ever had and that stupid redesigned badge (with a yellow lion, on pale blue with his head being shoved against the top of the new shoeld by the sqeezing in of the name and year underneath!) will be how we are represented and I just think "what a bad, bad job" has been made of that and how shoddy the treatment of fans' intelligence/ contribution to the first consultation was.

But that's subjective. You might not like it. 

The aim is to build the brand and bring in more money. That's happening and then some. 

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The aim is to build the brand and bring in more money. That's happening and then some. 

All well and good. He's clearly not attempting to make himself popular, and his achievements are set in the context of a miraculous on field performance. Jury well and truly out - as the visible bits aren't brilliant as a fan. Betting sponsor, crest debacle, anti customer practices, soon to be significant price rises... I doubt he'll be here all that long. 

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Maybe we should trust the man to do his job. 

Well he could have tried earning some trust, not making sure he broke every bit of trust and leeway we gave him at the start.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Lol - Purslow straight under the bus there!!

Some not good contracts in relation to what the club can now get. That's not a surprise. The level of sporting progression dictates what's possible. Remember, when those contracts were negotiated we were a lower mid table team. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is it? Emery has got us 4th and talked about in the media. Heck hasn't brought in more money than another 4th place team would command.  

Again in the above interview, he seems to think he's done amazing. I could have been blindfolded and brought in double sponsorship for a 4th place team compared to a relegation fighting team when the last sponsorship deals were agreed.

He has branded us with AU1500 though, credit for that. No idea what that has to do with Villa though.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dale said:

Some not good contracts in relation to what the club can now get. That's not a surprise. The level of sporting progression dictates what's possible. Remember, when those contracts were negotiated we were a lower mid table team. 

See when he started rowing back on things like the round badge and the new stand my suspicions were he didn't like inheriting somebody else's work and there was a bit of politics to it. The comments there seem to suggest that. 

Well he would do well to remember we were a mid table championship club when Purslow was hired and he left us in much better shape than he found us before departing. Heck had something to build on with us in Europe and with the best manager in 40 years.

Also he would do well to remember the fans who have been there through thick and thin also and I see no reason why we have to be condescending to. Surely it is possible to gain a new following without pissing off the core support or am I too thick to understand the genius at work.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is it? Emery has got us 4th and talked about in the media. Heck hasn't brought in more money than another 4th place team would command.  

Again in the above interview, he seems to think he's done amazing. I could have been blindfolded and brought in double sponsorship for a 4th place team compared to a relegation fighting team when the last sponsorship deals were agreed.

He has branded us with AU1500 though, credit for that. No idea what that has to do with Villa though.

So he can't do anything then can he. 

Successful sponsorship is just because of on the pitch stuff. Anyone could do it.

Amazingly, our owners trust him and haven't sacked him. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yeah, I was thinking it's easy to criticise some "not so good deals" when you weren't trying to negotiate them whilst the team was fighting relegation. 

Didn't that woman Purslow brought in famously negotiate a mega deal for (then highly successful) Chelsea.  The fact she got nowhere near it for us shows that it's much more about the current success of the team than the person's skill at negotiation. 

Then again he may have been talking about the Castore deal and the shoddy quality of the kits. They fell onto our hands somewhat **** that up as I assume it's allowed us to exit the deal early with no cost. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â