Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Then again he may have been talking about the Castore deal and the shoddy quality of the kits. They fell onto our hands somewhat **** that up as I assume it's allowed us to exit the deal early with no cost. 

It was in the online media at the time that we had to pay around £2 million to Castore to get out of the deal.  That was apparently what triggered the c***suckers rant from Heck. 

43 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It was in the online media at the time that we had to pay around £2 million to Castore to get out of the deal.  That was apparently what triggered the c***suckers rant from Heck. 

Some of the people at Castore do suck cocks. I can confirm.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Some not good contracts in relation to what the club can now get. That's not a surprise. The level of sporting progression dictates what's possible. Remember, when those contracts were negotiated we were a lower mid table team. 

Exactly. We had the disadvantage of being the third promoted team and having to do a huge rebuild, have two conflicting DOFs and transfer targets. The reality of our position meant we had to overpay for talent and contracts. But that’s been an issue for years. Look at the dredge who got long contracts under MON or other eras. We have a vastly different structure now and we won’t make those mistakes. 

3 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I want to believe this guy is the best we can get. I try to park the misgivings I have.

Then I remember that next year we potentially could have more exposure than we have ever had and that stupid redesigned badge (with a yellow lion, on pale blue with his head being shoved against the top of the new shoeld by the sqeezing in of the name and year underneath!) will be how we are represented and I just think "what a bad, bad job" has been made of that and how shoddy the treatment of fans' intelligence/ contribution to the first consultation was.

OK.  Now park that thought and instead think of the scenario where we have a £50m hole in our FFP numbers that we need to fill otherwise we will be deducted 10 points next season (when the PL will insist that clubs have been adequately warned about the seriousness with which they will deal with breaches).  We're stuck with **** shirts from Castore for another 12 months.  We're tied into an awful front of shirt deal with a company of a dubious stature to say the least.  We've demolished a stand and so reduced our capacity for next season by several thousand (and the PL have confirmed that they are not willing to give us any special dispensation against our FFP targets next season).  We have a little over 60 days in which to raise that money and every club in the country knows it.  Our fringe players have attracted no interest.  We've received two offers from Arsenal and Man City of £30m for Ollie and £30m for Dougie and that seems like the only options we have to get out of the situation.

Hopefully that will make you feel a bit better about some of the progress that has been made off the pitch and a little less bad about shoddy leadership.  😉😉😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of the comments on here are just corporate bashing - not liking what Heck stands for. But successful companies need people in that role - business can be hard.
He might be a **** but he's our ****, and we need him to add £10m's to the bottom line or we're reliant on Chelsea and Man U getting it wrong every season just to compete.

I think we all love our owners. They've chosen him to do this role. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, allani said:

OK.  Now park that thought and instead think of the scenario where we have a £50m hole in our FFP numbers that we need to fill otherwise we will be deducted 10 points next season (when the PL will insist that clubs have been adequately warned about the seriousness with which they will deal with breaches).  We're stuck with **** shirts from Castore for another 12 months.  We're tied into an awful front of shirt deal with a company of a dubious stature to say the least.  We've demolished a stand and so reduced our capacity for next season by several thousand (and the PL have confirmed that they are not willing to give us any special dispensation against our FFP targets next season).  We have a little over 60 days in which to raise that money and every club in the country knows it.  Our fringe players have attracted no interest.  We've received two offers from Arsenal and Man City of £30m for Ollie and £30m for Dougie and that seems like the only options we have to get out of the situation.

Hopefully that will make you feel a bit better about some of the progress that has been made off the pitch and a little less bad about shoddy leadership.  😉😉😉

Where is the evidence for any of that. Heck or no Heck we are and we have been run by very clever very canny people. We'd have budgeted for all those eventualities. 

44 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Some of the comments on here are just corporate bashing - not liking what Heck stands for. But successful companies need people in that role - business can be hard.
He might be a **** but he's our ****, and we need him to add £10m's to the bottom line or we're reliant on Chelsea and Man U getting it wrong every season just to compete.

He is the Emi Martinez of business !!!! Wind everyone up but does the job he gets paid handsomely to do at the end of the day. 

47 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

He looks to have done, in a short period, a really excellent job as a kind of Commercial revenue manager. And maybe that's where all his focus has been. But that's only part of  the role of a CEO figure.

The owners may have made it his number one priority, and he seems to have been selected for the role based on his talent in that area. But, there are a whole bunch of things that are not being handled well. These things may be (justifiably) low priority in the short term, but they can't be left unattended for a long period, without causing significant problems down the line.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Where is the evidence for any of that. Heck or no Heck we are and we have been run by very clever very canny people. We'd have budgeted for all those eventualities. 

The Castore and front of shirt deals were already in place.  Of course someone other than Heck might also have been able to negotiate us out of those deals.  It is a scenario.  Just as @Captain_Townsend's is a scenario based on his views on the badge (which we also haven't officially seen).  I've not projected it as fact - just as a possible scenario that would be considerably worse than that raised around a badge.  My post was more around priorities and that Heck does seem to have done a pretty good job at improving revenue figures significantly in a few months.

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

He looks to have done, in a short period, a really excellent job as a kind of Commercial revenue manager. And maybe that's where all his focus has been. But that's only part of  the role of a CEO figure.

The owners may have made it his number one priority, and he seems to have been selected for the role based on his talent in that area. But, there are a whole bunch of things that are not being handled well. These things may be (justifiably) low priority in the short term, but they can't be left unattended for a long period, without causing significant problems down the line.

We are still at the start of our journey (hopefully) both on and off the field.  Just as Emery is not content with 4th and the semi-finals of the Conference League, I am sure that Heck isn't content with the deals already done.  Atairos have yet to reveal their hand and nor have the new Directors.  NSWE clearly have a very aggressive plan and are very determined to make it happen.

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

I thought he was "President of Business Operations"?
This is the Chief Operating Officer in my view; not CEO. His job is the boring rubbish in the background. At least that's my take. He should be relatively invisible.

I 100% agree that there's stuff he should have done better. But it seems like his initial remit was to identify underperforming aspects and improve them quickly, probably with an eye on PSR for next season. The nice may simply have to take a back seat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

This is the Chief Operating Officer in my view; not CEO. His job is the boring rubbish in the background. At least that's my take. He should be relatively invisible.

I 100% agree that there's stuff he should have done better. But it seems like his initial remit was to identify underperforming aspects and improve them quickly, probably with an eye on PSR for next season. The nice may simply have to take a back seat. 

I’m thinking he is more CCO - Chief Commercial Officer.

But then who is the CEO and COO of Aston Villa?  

He surely isn’t combining all three roles?

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’m thinking he is more CCO - Chief Commercial Officer.

But then who is the CEO and COO of Aston Villa?  

He surely isn’t combining all three roles?

Maybe he can sort out the CPO? 

12 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

That’s right. As Monchi and Emery have full responsibility for the footballing aspects, it’s “only” the “business” side of things he is in charge of. Commercial revenue he’s done well, and fast, but relationships and communication with “partners” and customers - the council, the Mayor, supporters and so on…need more work and focus.

• Like 2

Â