Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

The language used within the letter is somewhat reflective of a younger, less experienced individual, I would say. I personally get the impression that they have got themselves into hot water and to counter that they have literally gone for the jugular. The thoughts and opinions that have been collected in the HR section are primarily from colleagues that have left the business already and so are completely one sided. Some of the other sections don’t seem to make a lot sense either - the section about female employees leaving because they feel disrespected - but then goes on to say people that leave are referred to as ‘c***-suckers’ - why has that been put into the section about women when it seems to be a generic statement? I’m not sure if they are linked. 

It’s all a bit weird. I think it has been done in the wrong way. It’s unsettling for the club and probably the playing staff actually at a pretty crucial time. If there is truth in it then I’m sure it will become clear should we hear of certain individuals being relieved of their duties. 

Odd. What a weird season. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The language used within the letter is somewhat reflective of a younger, less experienced individual, I would say. I personally get the impression that they have got themselves into hot water and to counter that they have literally gone for the jugular. The thoughts and opinions that have been collected in the HR section are primarily from colleagues that have left the business already and so are completely one sided. Some of the other sections don’t seem to make a lot sense either - the section about female employees leaving because they feel disrespected - but then goes on to say people that leave are referred to as ‘c***-suckers’ - why has that been put into the section about women when it seems to be a generic statement? I’m not sure if they are linked. 

It’s all a bit weird. I think it has been done in the wrong way. It’s unsettling for the club and probably the playing staff actually at a pretty crucial time. If there is truth in it then I’m sure it will become clear should we hear of certain individuals being relieved of their duties. 

Odd. What a weird season. 

Agree somewhat 

It's obvious whoever it is has strategicallly chosen to attempt to highlight things which will illicit emotion and panic, almost some sort of black mail.

Loosely throw in female employees feeling uncomfortable, disrespected, unsafe etc, touch on the badge et al to rally up support from sects they know are already displeased to manipulate social media support etc.

It's why earlier in the thread I said it almost read to me like it was more in self interest and scorn, rather than from someone who claims to " loves the club ".

I might not be explaining myself correctly , but basically has the look of a " hit job ".

Anyway will be interesting to see what comes of this, but timing and everything is terrible ffs.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s been confirmed by the club ! 

ed33026b-63ef-406a-8c9f-01562a088089.jpeg

The face thing giving bad vibes is just because he looks like McLeish.

It is already a very punchable face, then throw in his terrible interview on the North Stand abandonment, and I really do want to punch him in the face. 

Whether the letter speaks any truth or not, he has done nothing that's endeared me to him since he's been here. 

• Haha 3

Not great news if true. Given Ty Bracey has stuck his neck out on this suggests there is something to it. 

Will reserve judgement until there's something more substantive, but either way it's not looking good. But more importantly, I finally know why Heck is getting slagged off all over the board.

9 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Which people? When? Can you quote any posts saying he was doing an absolutely brilliant job?

Sure thing 

On 25/01/2024 at 11:14, CVByrne said:

Actually love Chris Heck so far. Think the fan groups are mostly just mouth pieces for older season ticket holders and personally think what's best for the club is mostly not aligned with what's best for them. Glad Heck is doing what I think is right for the club. 

So Heck is big thumbs up from me so far. 

• Haha 2

I’m sceptical. It reads like a disgruntled employee friends with those who have left and  now feeling vulnerable. It lacks detail and context and I think is telling Heck haters what they want to hear.  

That said the allegations are concerning but even though the author doesn’t seem the brightest, letter doesn’t cover what avenues have been explored to resolve these issues via employment law which surely would be the most profitable and efficient way for unfairly dismissed employees.

Can’t make up my mind whether it is a brave whistle blower or poison pen letter.

41 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Sorry if this has been suggested on the pages prior, but does anyone think the senior employee fired on the spot leaving us vulnerable in this sector is Purslow? 

Well, no, if for no reason than that allegation happening "most recently.."

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Sorry if this has been suggested on the pages prior, but does anyone think the senior employee fired on the spot leaving us vulnerable in this sector is Purslow? 

no. because he left before heck came in (or very soon after)

also they refer to a particular sector which doesn't suggest to me they're talking about the CEO

• Like 1

Playing devils advocate what if there’s a group of staff members that haven’t been doing a great job for quite a while now and Heck has tried to shake things up for the better but has gone about it the wrong way.

Ive worked at places before where a new manager has come in and tried to improve things but has been hounded out by very comfortable staff. 

Unlikely but just another view point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Will reserve judgement until there's something more substantive, but either way it's not looking good. But more importantly, I finally know why Heck is getting slagged off all over the board.

There won't be anything more substantive than the information we have already, and we don't need anything more than that. If anyone chooses to believe this is some made up story or one person with an axe to grind then they are just fooling themselves. It's clear and obvious Heck has been a disastrous appointment.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I mean absolutely. You just can't run a large organisation and not rub some people up the wrong way. You'll have to turn someone's pet project down, make ruthless decisions that probably involve someone's job. You can't have a yes man in charge (I've also been there!) but there is a difference between being decisive and tough and being an arseholes. 

You've still got to inspire and win hearts and minds. The arseholes tend to move around quickly bullying people and cutting costs to get their short term goals over the line the leaving before the shit hits the fan and the inevitable collapse comes, especially as the "good" people have seen the lay of the land, left and a competitor has welcomed them with open arms. 

A lot of truth in this statement.

A lot on here won’t agree but personally I think badge-gate, Terrace View, Lower Grounds and postponement of the proposed expansion of the ground (in the form consented) are all petty minor or even non-issues, small in reality but always likely wind up some long standing fans. In the slightly podgy, outsider Heck, people have found their scape goat. 

No doubt things have happened that have ruffled feathers internally but I have a slightly cynical view on all this. I would be suspicious that personal agendas are being hitched to the “C*cksucker bandwagon”:

I recently saw the commercial performance table and Villa were close to the bottom, for me that’s an absolute damning indictment of the regime so if NSWE have brought in someone to shake it up at its core, a few egos are going to get trodden on in what looks like fairly root and branch shake up, the fall out we have just seen is typical of the tittle tattle on social media.

Im not defending Heck, he could well be an arsehole. The club needs to double its commercial performance very quickly so big decisions need to be made and for me the measure of Heck will be on this, but I fully expect people to leave and not be happy about it, and social media is such an easy way of throwing your sh*t around.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 4

Â