Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have several adidas’s kits of different clubs around Europe plus some International teams and they all fit well.  I’d love us to have Adidas kits. 

Agree. I have an Adidas shirt from the 2018 WC that I wear all the time and it's just the replica version but it's the most comfortable football shirt I own by some distance. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t like it. Think it looks childish, also without the border it keeps kinda looks like the lions staggering around after one too many. 

But I am sure Heck will make the adjustments he will to keep the tradition in place and make it brand-able, sounds like he is of good pedigree. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Agree. I have an Adidas shirt from the 2018 WC that I wear all the time and it's just the replica version but it's the most comfortable football shirt I own by some distance. 

I have a pro shirt from that era and it's really good.

I haven't worn in much yet, but I think last year's pro shirt by Castore is the best feeling and fitting shirt I've worn in recent memory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have several adidas’s kits of different clubs around Europe plus some International teams and they all fit well.  I’d love us to have Adidas kits. 

Not going to argue about the quality or the fit but the designs are shit, they're all templates with a current trend of random patterns on the away and 3rd

• Like 1

Think this will be a good appointment but from a design pow I have to say that the Philadelphia 76's jerseys look really bland, boring and run of the mill. Colours don't pop and looks almost washed out. I know Americans love their star spangled  red, white and blue so it's definitely giving them what they want. But for me it's generic and boring and it's the same story when you look at previous years. The kit on the right is something different at least.

All subjective of course and I don't know how much room the NBA leaves for bold design choices.

Philadelphia 76ers gear and apparel to start 2022-23 NBA season

Edited by sne

On reflection, and if the design was to change yet again, then I would remove the formation year and the star… they aren’t needed in this modern world. Players aren’t coming to us because of our history. Let’s be honest, they are coming for one thing only - because we are offering them more money at that point than anyone else is. (And a possibility to play in Europe might help sway a decision). 
The history is for the fans that experienced it, and want to know about it. I don’t think it needs to be represented on that badge any longer. Keep it around the stadium in some ways, or in the various pieces of literature/media that the club produces… but I say we move on as far as the badge is concerned. 
Wonder if Heck thinks the same. 

Edited by Tayls

Hummel is just about the only brand kicking out consistently decent designs at the moment.  Almost everything else is a crapshoot, Adidas and Nike are particularly horrific.

Yeah we already know what our Nike kit would have been with that shit template just in claret and blue.  I've actually got to like all of our kits since Under Armour, sometimes they look shit to start with but maybe because we've been on such an upward curve since then I've got fond memories of them.

I think our deal is the same as the one that Fanatics have with the NFL - Fanatics design, manufacture and distribute all of the Nike gear for the NFL.

It wouldn't make a difference if our kit this season was Adidas, Nike or Castore, it would have looked exactly the same as it does now - the only design contribution they'd be making is their logo.

• Like 1

Hopefully there'll be deals soon with money off, as £70 & £55 when u have 2 kids is crippling. Really loving it though, I personally thinks it's a great effort. Hopefully we hear about the away soon UTV

Edited by floody555

Just got back from VP, treated the lad to a kids shirt (at least no crappy sponsor) with McGinn 7..  but I'm not paying £38 for kids shorts. Got him last years training top and shorts as they were cheap. Got myself a retro one for my collection. His adult top for his secret collection won't be purchased until end of season though. 

Overall the quality isnt too bad, the round badge looks OK but the sponsor ruins it for me. I do love the smell in the shop though.

11 minutes ago, floody555 said:

Hopefully there'll be deals soon with money off, as £70 & £55 when u have 2 kids is crippling. Really loving it though, I personally thinks it's a great effort. Hopefully we hear about the away soon UTV

Wait till Xmas like this season was near enough half price 

I like the Allez Allez song. But it isn't really 'ours.'  

So a bit weird to devote a whole shirt as tribute to it. 

Better if we had the old AV floodlights or Doug Elllis' cheery face on repeat. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah we already know what our Nike kit would have been with that shit template just in claret and blue.  I've actually got to like all of our kits since Under Armour, sometimes they look shit to start with but maybe because we've been on such an upward curve since then I've got fond memories of them.

I think we will be much more involved in the shirt design moving forwards and so will not accept a shit (or even just dull) "out of the box" template from any of the manufacturers.  I think we've got a bit blasse about underwhelming / inoffensive shirt designs.  I am almost certain we'll try a design in the next 4 or 5 years that a lot of people hate but I'm hoping that will be counter-balanced by having a couple that become pretty iconic (especially if we do well in them on the pitch).

6 minutes ago, allani said:

I think we will be much more involved in the shirt design moving forwards and so will not accept a shit (or even just dull) "out of the box" template from any of the manufacturers.  I think we've got a bit blasse about underwhelming / inoffensive shirt designs.  I am almost certain we'll try a design in the next 4 or 5 years that a lot of people hate but I'm hoping that will be counter-balanced by having a couple that become pretty iconic (especially if we do well in them on the pitch).

In fairness, it's very likely that the same people have been designing our kits since 2017 and a few of those kits have been really popular.

• Like 1