Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

We're struggling to create against a side willing to sit back yet again and hit balls over the top. When teams play that you have to play a higher tempo than we do and move more and stretch them around. We're still playing that slow build static play that works of we score first. Dougie, JJ and Traore off it for me so far.

• Like 1

Traore is always good for a moment of magic but doesn't really offer much over a whole game. Super sub is how I hope we use him for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

scarey, display, that first half.

No tempo, far,far too slow.

We simply cannot play, like that first half and expect to be winning games.

Edited by TRO

Just now, villa4europe said:

But that's not the rule...

Well there is some room within the rule for incidental contact but I’m just saying they didn’t call it because it was a deflection. I don’t agree with this call, fwiw.

Better side by a mile - we just need to be calmer in our final ball and our finishing.

Should have been a penalty late on.

Moreno and Traore's deliveries into the box have been poor - stay patient and we can still win this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Traore was worth bringing back for his previous goal contributions but he's not a long term option. He just isn't. Too slow.

It's not that. He thinks he can constantly perform Ifia tricks  rather than a simple lay off all the time.

Cash would be useful at Right Wing in these kinds of games IMO.

It's also frustrating that Ollie hasn't really been getting any sort of service or involvement for the last few games.

If we had a fit Kamara her eI think it's a different game.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Deflection doesn’t matter - arm was in an unusual position. Still handball by the letter of the rules. 

It’s not that black and white. As I just said there is room within the rule for incidental contact.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Sarcasm. I’m at the game. Dreadful performance 

I know it was sarcasm, that's obvious. But the way it was worded sounded like you weren't watching.

Bert is trying to do too much too often. A couple of times he's played some nice little passes to Buendia but then goes for the hail Mary straight into row Z