Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

Call me an old skool cynic but I just don't get excited by stuff like this. Sisu, Purslow....even the general idea of a DoF.....yep, I know footy is a big business and perhaps I don't see the behind the scenes stuff they do....but....I dunno....unless this geezer can bang in 25 goals a season then I just can't get too excited. 

39 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Just another sign that the Premier League is actually the European Super League. All the best talent will eventually head to England and it will dominate European football. 

Especially with more and more American owners. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing fixtures played in America and relegation from the league is dropped to only 1/2 teams. 

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

He’s the geezer that (in theory) can negotiate the deal for the lad that will bang in 25 goals a season for us instead of other clubs.

Yep. I imagine he has all the big agents numbers on speed dial. 

It becomes a lot easier for us to convince players to join as we’re going to be at the table for negotiations 

He’s a killer, the number one,” said a source close to Alemany. “Many people shake the tree hoping for fruit to fall. Not him, he goes right up and takes the apple he wants.”

Thats exciting to me

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. I imagine he has all the big agents numbers on speed dial. 

It becomes a lot easier for us to convince players to join as we’re going to be at the table for negotiations 

I get that but selling us to impressionable stars from abroad, without the London or big club status could be difficult no matter how much we offer in wages.

Then again, I guess that's the DoF's job🤷‍♂️

50 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Alemany also negotiated the free signings of Kessie and Lewandowski. He’s one heck of a negotiator - especially with the constraints Barcelona found themselves in. 

Lewandowski was €45m which is quite a lot for someone in their 30s, albeit he has helped them win the title.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He’s a killer, the number one,” said a source close to Alemany. “Many people shake the tree hoping for fruit to fall. Not him, he goes right up and takes the apple he wants.”

Thats exciting to me

Best quote i have seen since Rocky IV . 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So he isn't working for us until the summer window ends, not ideal. So he won't be working on anything in theory until next Jan?

I think a few sources said he’s at Barca until 30th June… might be wrong though, but that would give us the majority of the summer window with him

Edited by alreadyexists

I know nothing about this guy, but it sounds like a big coup.

But, hasn’t Barca’s last few transfer windows been a bit of a shambles? Loads of free transfers on ridiculous wages, some couldn’t even be registered for ages, and now looking half of them to take pay cuts or leave. 👀

Doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So he isn't working for us until the summer window ends, not ideal. So he won't be working on anything in theory until next Jan?

I would guess that Emery's targets til then are all in place already, and have been put to him and he's liked the names mentioned.

• Like 1

Â