The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

not saying we should, but i would almost be morbidly interested to see if Emery could get an end product out of Troare the road runner.

He would certainly improve him and make him more of a team player, but i think his lack of end product would still be present unfortunately

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not saying we should, but i would almost be morbidly interested to see if Emery could get an end product out of Troare the road runner.

He has not end product.  You can't get anything from nothing. 🤣

• Like 1

Funny to see Liverpool in the mud but that's a crazy decision for a young highly coveted midfielder.

At Liverpool he's straight into the team but he's opted to go to the ridiculously over bloated Chelsea squad.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's the same for Arsenal. They spent almost £200m on their midfield and I'm not sure Rice + Haavertz is much better than Partey + Xhaka.

Seems to be a theme among the big clubs, spending exorbitant amounts on good but not great players. Meanwhile teams like us, Newcastle and Brighton are slowly improving while spending a fraction. I hope this trend continues as it's possibly the only way we can hope to compete.

Saw a line on BBC text updates in Charity shield saying Rice had been neat and tidy and not much else. I burst out laughing because what else were they expecting him to do, people think because they paid so much he must be Messi. 

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Funny to see Liverpool in the mud but that's a crazy decision for a young highly coveted midfielder.

At Liverpool he's straight into the team but he's opted to go to the ridiculously over bloated Chelsea squad.

I suppose there's an unlikely chance that he's genuinely honouring his agreement with Chelsea. More likely he wants to live in London and milk Chelsea for more money.

11 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Saw a line on BBC text updates in Charity shield saying Rice had been neat and tidy and not much else. I burst out laughing because what else were they expecting him to do, people think because they paid so much he must be Messi. 

I'm still not convinced that he is a better footballer than Xhaka, Rice has a slightly better engine and is a better character sure but he doesn't move the ball as well as him. Xhaka being left footed helped their balance too with Zinchenko and Martinelli tucking in from the wings.

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Also Interesting how Chelsea are able to spend that money?

Chelsea have sold 11 players this summer, for transfer fees totalling around £200m and saving around £35m a year in wages.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe he’s mates with Carney

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Agree it's a stupid decision, but he'll be straight into Chelseas too. For the near £1 Billion spent they're starting Chukweumeka and Gallagher at the minute next to Enzo. Caceido walks straight into either team

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Also Interesting how Chelsea are able to spend that money?

Still, this is utter hillarious and madness at the same time. Caiceido has definately thrown a spanner in the works here.

Their part-owners Saudi Arabia bought a few of their players off them at inflated fees.

Plus a dodgy Shirt Deal that looks like it'll backfire

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Need to lock down our assets to contracts with no release clause or big ass ones, as I think after this summer there will be a reluctance from buying clubs to do business with Brighton due to their incredibly bloated valuations and they'l eye up targets elsewhere.

On the plus side, it don't arf mean that the asking price across the board will rise, so on that basis our midfield is pushing a total valuation of £500m+

Make sure we know what is ‘big’ and whatvit’ll be in 2 years time. Two years ago we thought 100m£ was extreme, now you get a player with 50 PL games for that money.

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Need to lock down our assets to contracts with no release clause or big ass ones, as I think after this summer there will be a reluctance from buying clubs to do business with Brighton due to their incredibly bloated valuations and they'l eye up targets elsewhere.

On the plus side, it don't arf mean that the asking price across the board will rise, so on that basis our midfield is pushing a total valuation of £500m+

Next summer Brighton will be pumping someone for £100m to sign Kudus from them.