The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

Chelsea agree £115m deal for Caicedo. 8-year deal with the option of a 9th.

I really hate football sometimes. We’ve spent probably £150m in the last 12 months, Chelsea will end up spending £1bn in that time.

Please let the European Super League come back into the picture.

It’s a strange deal, 8yr contract with option for 9yrs, guessing the amortisation thing hasn’t been corrected yet for FFP, or now Chelsea’s are just pretending it was something they wanted to do regardless of FFP, plus Brighton have what’s been quoted as a “significant sell on” clause, so probably around 40%, so they probably won’t make any money back on him either.  

5 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I thought the super long contracts were banned or did that never happen?

i didn't think the contract itself was banned just offsetting the cost of the transfer over the duration of that contract in order to get around FFP

• Like 1

Neymar is potentially on his way to Saudi Arabia.

For all his natural talents, I really think Neymar as underwhelmed as a player. Now he's chasing even more money rather than any achievements in his career. It's rather sad because he's absolutely world class when he's motivated. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Brighton set to sign Caicedo replacement Carlos Baleba for €16m, only a cool 100M cheaper than Caicedo and will probably end up being better. 

Bet Bissouma wishes he stayed at Brighton. 

£115 million for Caicedo is a cracking deal for Brighton. No doubt he could become a world-class player, but he could also become another Chelsea flop.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Brighton set to sign Caicedo replacement Carlos Baleba for €16m, only a cool 100M cheaper than Caicedo and will probably end up being better. 

Bet Bissouma wishes he stayed at Brighton. 

Based on...?

Lavia to Liverpool for 60 million. Could have gotten him a lot cheaper if they hadnt try to trick Southampton into thinking they had no money 😂

30 million for Ward Prowse yet people think we wouldnt get 10 million if tried to sell Bailey