The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

I thought this with Scott going to Bournemouth, this is how it's heading, the big boys can almost let players go to "lesser" clubs rather than take the risk on themselves knowing full well that if they develop in the PL they will still buy them

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Caciedo. One and a half seasons in the Prem. £110m. If I see any of our top players leave for less I'm done.

He has 45 league appearances for Brighton. This is MENTAL!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

£110m for Caicedo, the football world is well and truly broken. It’s just ridiculous money. 

Also Liverpool got Saudi backing to pay that?

Sort off. They bought some of their past prime players for inflated fees. They are happy with the Saudi relationship while wearing rainbow laces and championing social justice. 

But that's not the real reason. The real reason for this transfer is the fact they sold Coutinho to some Spanish team about 30 years ago and are championing the net profit model by spending 200m in one window. 

It's a shame they can't compete with Man City, everyone wants to see the league go to Liverpool as they are everyone's 2nd favourite team. Obviously Bellingham wants fame and money rather than playing for the European giants during magical nights at Anfield (and some trips to Romania on Thursdays).

The only hope now is the last minute loan deal for Mbappe, you know, to even out the playing field. 

Or some media channel has told me so. 

• Haha 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

105m for Rice.

110m for Caidedo.

madness, genuine, complete madness.

It really just shows how lazy the top 6/8 PL teams are when scouting and negotiating player transfers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

All these big money signings this season and I'm not really worried about any of them? Fabinho and Henderson are finished but going from them at their peak a couple of years ago to MacAllister and Caicedo, and £150m for the privilege too seems like such a downgrade. 

I think Szoboszlai will be excellent tbf, but yes, it is noticeable that they've spent the thick end of £150m for the midfield of the side that finished one place below them last season. 

Not to say they're bad players because they aren't, but I'm not sure they're transformative?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

It really just shows how lazy the top 6/8 PL teams are when scouting and negotiating player transfers.

Like I said risk free, they can afford to buy known entities rather than develop prospects themselves

They'll still snap up 16/17 year olds from academies and block their development

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Like I said risk free, they can afford to buy known entities rather than develop prospects themselves

They'll still snap up 16/17 year olds from academies and block their development

What do you mean risk free? They’re dropping north of £100m on someone with only 18 months of experience. They could flop (not completely, but might need replacing again quite quickly). 

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

105m for Rice.

110m for Caidedo.

madness, genuine, complete madness.

They've ruined the market.  At least we know if we have to sell Kamara or Luiz we're getting £100m apiece for them 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s vulgar and it’s just ridiculous now. £111M for a decent Brighton midfielder. 

The way this stuff is normalised and rationalised is the worst bit.

And you wonder why other Euro teams hate the PL

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Should have let them have their stupid super league tbh 

There's no point being mad about this. If you think they've overspent, then that's good for Villa. 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I dont wonder, I doubt many do.

For all the hot air about what Saudi are doing currently the reality is that the PL has been distorting the market for some time now. Chelsea alone spent more than most of the rest of Europe combined last January.

But it’s absolutely out of hand now. 

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

I dont wonder, I doubt many do.

For all the hot air about what Saudi are doing currently the reality is that the PL has been distorting the market for some time now. Chelsea alone spent more than most of the rest of Europe combined last January.

But it’s absolutely out of hand now. 

I doubt Jamie Carragher will have many complaints about the price of the Caicedo signing 🤣