The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

What do you mean risk free? They’re dropping north of £100m on someone with only 18 months of experience. They could flop (not completely, but might need replacing again quite quickly). 

The money is irrelevant to them, that's how much they've got

The player being able to play in the PL is the main thing and he's shown that he can

Its a safer transfer than say tonali at half the price or even Scott at a quarter of the price

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The player being able to play in the PL is the main thing and he's shown that he can

Its a safer transfer than say tonali at half the price or even Scott at a quarter of the price

Liverpool are not an oil club, they don't have an unlimited money tree like City.  If Caicedo flops it will set them back massively.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

The money is irrelevant to them

Its a safer transfer than say tonali at half the price

I don’t think you can say £111m is nothing. It’s major money, even for a top PL team. It would comfortably be in the top 10 transfer fees of all time.

For that money they need more than someone who can play in the PL otherwise they’d have got someone for a fraction of the price. It’s superstar money.

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Liverpool are not an oil club, they don't have an unlimited money tree like City.  If Caicedo flops it will set them back massively.

I think the point is he wont flop.

They are backing Klopp's judgement which to be fair to him is pretty good.

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Liverpool have more than enough money, if he flops they'll spend another £150m next summer

And he shouldn't flop, that's what I'm saying these teams are buying PL players knowing that they won't flop, the Hungarian kid is a riskier transfer, Nunez was way riskier

Man City can buy any midfielder in the world, they buy kovacic and paqueta... PL known entities, utd with Mount is the same, even West ham now with mctominay and maguire, it is part lazy but it's also largely because its safe

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Spurs probably thought Bissouma was a safe bet at £35m.  Chelsea no doubt thought the same of Cucurella at £60 odd million. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Liverpool have more than enough money, if he flops they'll spend another £150m next summer

And he shouldn't flop, that's what I'm saying these teams are buying PL players knowing that they won't flop, the Hungarian kid is a riskier transfer, Nunez was way riskier

Man City can buy any midfielder in the world, they buy kovacic and paqueta... PL known entities, utd with Mount is the same, even West ham now with mctominay and maguire, it is part lazy but it's also largely because its safe

Kovacic and Paqueta both better individually and combined cost less than Caicedo. Liverpool have had a shocker.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kovacic is multiple CL winner. Paqueta I've no idea but it's a bit of a stretch saying he's a PL known entity, he's been at West Ham for 12 months.  McTominay and Maguire are garbage and you're forgetting United paid £80m for Maguire and is absolutely a flop for them.  

I suspect Liverpool have fallen victim to FOMO prompted by Chelsea showing interest in both Caicedo and Lavia.  I suspect at least a part of Chelsea's strategy would have been to drive up the price of both players, so that if they didn't get them, their rivals would have to pay a King's ransom for them. Job done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Caciedo. One and a half seasons in the Prem. £110m. If I see any of our top players leave for less I'm done.

In this market Kamara is 150 million, Luiz 220 million and Jacob Ramsey around 350 million

• Like 1

Liverpool's transfer activity in the midfield area to me is still not strengthening. It's replacement transfers. What if Caciedo does his ACL for example?

Have they strengthened, what is their depth?

I think Klopp has ignored the big elephant in the room which is their defensive depth.

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Liverpool's transfer activity in the midfield area to me is still not strengthening. It's replacement transfers. What if Caciedo does his ACL for example?

Have they strengthened, what is their depth?

I think Klopp has ignored the big elephant in the room which is their defensive depth.

I think this is a big point being overlooked.  Is Mac Allister, Szoboszlai and Caicedo an improvement on their past midfield three?  Or have they just spent £165 net to stand still?

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I dont wonder, I doubt many do.

For all the hot air about what Saudi are doing currently the reality is that the PL has been distorting the market for some time now. Chelsea alone spent more than most of the rest of Europe combined last January.

But it’s absolutely out of hand now. 

Can see it in our Zaniolo interest. Gala signed him for about 15m from Roma but if he does o.k with us on loan then he'll be back in 30m bracket.

7 minutes ago, AXD said:

They can offer European football

It makes a lot of sense from their perspective, young player, close to a like for like replacement and they pocketed over £50m🤣

Edited by duke313