Season tickets 2023/24

mikeyp102

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

I did Zebra way back when I was living close enough to travel to matches under Lambert, definitely was interest free, I'm too much of a tight arse to have agreed to pay extra to do installments. 

Wish I could get a ticket to a match these days let alone a season ticket. Seems impossible to go to home games 

A £40 claret membership more or less guaranteed you a ticket if you login as soon as each match goes on sale.  It will be a different story when the North Stand is knocked down though I guess.

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't understand the 15% claim.....my 2 has gone up 33% this season, alone.

I accept many aspects of the price increase, for various reasons and I have renewed......but a better explanation would have been nifty.

Its 15% average, so a lot of tickets would have gone up a lot more than that, some slightly less, mine is 14.88% but its one of the "undesireable" seats in the north stand upper in price zone 4. Got a great view of the pitch, i better now go on about it too much as the club might jack it up further!

• Haha 1

I think there should be a cap on season tickets across the board in the premier league. At what price though I wouldn’t like to be the one who sets it. I suppose it depends on how much the other clubs generate from ticket sales alone. 

Spurs and Chelsea? Bloody obscene!

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Its 15% average, so a lot of tickets would have gone up a lot more than that, some slightly less, mine is 14.88% but its one of the "undesireable" seats in the north stand upper in price zone 4. Got a great view of the pitch, i better now go on about it too much as the club might jack it up further!

Purslow is on the phone, he wants to chat to you 😉😂

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

A £40 claret membership more or less guaranteed you a ticket if you login as soon as each match goes on sale.  It will be a different story when the North Stand is knocked down though I guess.

Again me being stingy has affected that haha. I will get that membership for next season. I've moved to Leeds 5+ years ago but until COVID I would just buy a ticket whenever I was going to be back in the area to see family. 

Am I right in thinking the membership only gives you 1 seat per claret membership person too? I'm too introverted to be going along to a Villa game solo anymore too I'd prefer to enjoy it with someone. Again a season ticket is great for that when you get to recognise the faces around you and build up a bit of a friendship with the regulars. 

17 hours ago, skarroki said:

Am I right in thinking the membership only gives you 1 seat per claret membership person too?

It gives you access to a window where you can secure one seat.

It'll be very interesting to see if they continue to sell memberships once the North Stand is down - we have around 25,000 members - it generates a million pounds on its own - but that's on the basis of getting tickets.

If we're only selling 3,000-4,000 tickets a game - then £40 a year for a one in six or one in seven chances of getting a ticket is a pretty raw deal.

I'm not sure they can throw in stuff like AVTV or any of the other sweeteners they might have as it'll upset season ticket holders who don't get those things.

I wonder if they'll suspend the membership system for two years while we're at reduced attendance - but I suspect they won't want to sacrifice that million pounds.

Has anyone recently had any luck with switching season tickets between family members - or know anyone that has?

I have a season ticket with my old man but he doesn’t attend the games anymore due to mobility. My nine year old son has used the ticket for the whole of this season. I’d like to change it into his name rather than pay full adult price, but I doubt the club will be willing to do so. 

3 hours ago, Chasetown Villa said:

Has anyone recently had any luck with switching season tickets between family members - or know anyone that has?

I have a season ticket with my old man but he doesn’t attend the games anymore due to mobility. My nine year old son has used the ticket for the whole of this season. I’d like to change it into his name rather than pay full adult price, but I doubt the club will be willing to do so. 

Would not let us move a ticket for a lad off to Uni last year if that answers the question.  Could have kept paying it and using it for someone else but decided not to in the end.

Guest av1
3 hours ago, Chasetown Villa said:

I don’t think they will do that mate. 

The seat and option to renew is your Dads. If they allowed people to do that family’s would just pass down the seats from generation to generation, and its basically “jumping the queue”

Edited by av1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So with the reduced capacity demand will be higher than ever

What will be disappointing is if we have one of our most successful seasons ever and its  half or 3/4 full!

Are they starting work? I thought that would be the following season 

• Like 1

I have a friend who is an Arsenal season ticket holder and before that was a member.

What Arsenal have is tiered memembership.  So the more you pay the more likely you are to get tickets.  Not sure what else you got for the outlay.

He said that he was on the lower level of membership and tickets for European games was easy enough but for the bigger games they sold out at the higher level.

I think Purslow will apply that logic when The North Stand is being rebuilt.

Probably why they are fazing out a free cup ticket.

• Like 2

I’ve renewed. I don’t normally get to all the games but I don’t want to lose my season ticket either as god knows when the chance to get another one will arrive. 

I always put up my ticket for resale if can’t make it though. Empty seats at a sold out game annoy me. Far too many where I sit at times.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

It's getting to the point where I think we may have 'fallow' tickets - where someone can't take the chance of not renewing but can't attend the games for a season because they're at University or working away.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's getting to the point where I think we may have 'fallow' tickets - where someone can't take the chance of not renewing but can't attend the games for a season because they're at University or working away.

giphy.webp

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

When i was at uni from 2015 - 2018 we were struggling in the prem so it was easy to get tickets on the day, same for championship. I think if i was at uni now though and had a ST i would definitely renew. I still made every home game though as i was only in sheffield so it was pretty easy to get to either Nuneaton or New Street. Some people will have very tough decisions depending on where abouts in the coutnry they go to, others wont want to miss nights out etc, for me i enjoyed going even though it was a difficult time and was a good way to spend time with my dad. However it does seem a much tougher dilemma in our current period and would be good for those people to have the option to turn up on the day

• Like 2

Â