Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 10

TheAuthority

Way to get at them is be direct. They're actually vulnerable and make errors at the back when teams do that rather than sit back and give them the ball.

Isak going to be a real handful upfront.

Feels like a 1-1 to me which will be fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They are not shite. They are 3rd for a reason. This will be an incredibly hard game.

They are very good but i don’t subscribe to this narrative that some have put around that we should almost fear them. I’m sorry but they’ve won nothing. May very well and in all probability will win the league in a few years. They’ve been in one cup final and lost and 3 places higher than us in the league. Again, class team - but some are talking about them like they’ve rattled off 3 leagues in a row. Get ourselves right for next Saturday and let them do them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They are very good but i don’t subscribe to this narrative that some have put around that we should almost fear them. I’m sorry but they’ve won nothing. May very well and in all probability will win the league in a few years. They’ve been in one cup final and lost and 3 places higher than us in the league. Again, class team - but some are talking about them like they’ve rattled off 3 leagues in a row. Get ourselves right for next Saturday and let them do them. 

They are third in the league, we are third from when Emery took over.

This match could tell us how good we really are. They outplayed us in the match before Emery took over, have we now progressed enough to have closed the gap and maybe even over taken them?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They are not shite. They are 3rd for a reason. This will be an incredibly hard game.

Most of their players are shite. They’ve lucked and bought their way to third. Can’t quite believe it’s gone on this long but worse teams have won the league without bribery.

Edited by fightoffyour

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

we are going to drop points this season, but for the love of all things holy please let it not be this weekend. If this is the last game we win this season so be it, I **** despise this club and their word removed fans from the bottom of my heart and the heart of my bottom ( to quote nick faldo), be it a fluked arse goal in the 90th minute or a 7-0 tonking... no definitely let's have the tonking please. But **** newcastle, **** them. I won't be able to watch on the day as I'll be far too stressed at the possibility of these repugnant pricks winning. But for the love of god, murder them please.

If anyone ever spoke for me it was this 👏🏽 THEY BETTER NOT LEAVE WITH 3 points!! … i hate that f**king club with a passion !!! it gets worse over the years … id love the win but happily take the draw.

11 hours ago, maxjackle said:

spacer.png

I can't even find an image of what this is really like. One of the boxers should probably be wearing a teatowel on his head with blood all over his gloves though.

This match hinges on if the referee gives us a fair game. Forest could have had two reds, disgusting challenges. Newcastle kick teams off the park if you let them.

• Like 1

Would be happy with a draw. They aren't where they are because they're shit, that's nonsense.

I think we can get at them as their defence is vulnerable at times - only problem is so is ours.

Toughest test we've had in a while for sure.

• Like 1

Arsenal, City and Newcastle are the best, most consistent teams in the division by some distance, the league doesn’t lie, and Newcastle, after bit of a dip, are playing very well at the moment and ruthless too.

But since Emery arrived we are above them in form over the period and in the 4/5/6/7 game short term too, this will be a real test and bell weather to our true position.

I call a draw.

Who can we field? We're without Cash, Bailey, Kamara and Coutinho. So maybe start with Dendoncker and have Buendia off Watkins? Or go with same team but Bertie in for Bailey?

I think I'd prefer Dendoncker start tbh with Ramsey back in left and McGinn to help Young on Right. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Who can we field? We're without Cash, Bailey, Kamara and Coutinho. So maybe start with Dendoncker and have Buendia off Watkins? Or go with same team but Bertie in for Bailey?

I think I'd prefer Dendoncker start tbh with Ramsey back in left and McGinn to help Young on Right. 

I agree given the physicality of their midfield but the prospect of Dendoncker being pressed in possession by their forwards is a slight worry.

Edited by gwi1890

10 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

These lot are shite, their best player is Callum **** Wilson for **** sake. I guy who base his career on a movie about soccer, whatever that is.

That said, they’ve got hundreds of millions channeled into the guys running the officiating, as has been proven throughout the entire season with dubious decisions in their favour week after week, so this will be very tough.

That said that said, we still have more than enough to overcome any number of bribed referees, any number of bare beer bellies, and any number of their players getting assassinated on the goal line or fighting with one another.

I predict yet another sob on the Tyne. There aren’t enough KFCs in the world to supply all the chicken that Gazza will need.

They love a number 9 on Tyneside zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Haha 1