Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 10

TheAuthority

I'm going to be honest here as much as want us to win & buzzing regards the recent results, I'm very fearful regards Newcastle & as much as I want to smash these ***** I think this is where we come unstuck, their latest run of results is better than ours & the bloody size of there team, their huge, they have great squad depth & as for Eddie Howe he's been brilliant, was hoping Southgate would get the sack regards England & the F.A would come a calling for Howe 😞 just so it would derail Newcastle. We're also struggling regards injuries & our squad is small as it is, we need Cash back & Kamara but I don't see them ready for this game, just think we need our best 11 on the pitchvfor this one just to compete, their like a machine at the moment. Hand on heart think we're going to come unstuck against these, just hoping Emery comes up with another masterclass 🙏 

• Like 3

You just know that despite the win Emery will be really frustrated with a lot yesterday. Think that’s a good thing as he will be drilling the team intensely to keep our standards exceptionally high. Need a loud atmosphere - shame it’s not 5.30 kick off. Only change will be either Traore or Dendonker in for Bailey unless Kamara is ready to go. 

Edited by Villa87
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Newcastle coming at us should suit our new style of play byt i'm nervous for this one. 

I'd love it. I'd love it if we beat them.

Yep... Got 12-9 Villa all over it! :D

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Can’t even write a tongue in cheek, drunk, shit post these days without getting jumped on 😛

These lot are still shite though.

😂Newcastle fans seem obsessed with us and everything we do and say. Sob on Newcastle online dot org

Sob On The Tyne Aston Villa Supporters -

Edited by SecretVillaScout
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Who can we field? We're without Cash, Bailey, Kamara and Coutinho. So maybe start with Dendoncker and have Buendia off Watkins? Or go with same team but Bertie in for Bailey?

I think I'd prefer Dendoncker start tbh with Ramsey back in left and McGinn to help Young on Right. 

Traore has to start. Think it will be same regardless as we saw putting Kamara straight back in after a month out has set him back a few weeks.

It would be good to have him, Cash and maybe even Coutinho on the bench just to give us some fresh options on hour mark as will be a tight game.

**** em. They are all arrogant about how we havemt beaten anyone of note and played just relegation threatened teams. Well we beat Spurs Brighton Manure Brentford who were all top 8 when we played them . We are due a really good performance. Would love to win but even if we lose i want us to score at least twice . 

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets not forget that they battered us at sty James park. Their fans were animals that day.

Lets make it very hostile for them saturday

Hopefully there's a bit of hatred fuelling the atmosphere on Saturday, as someone else has said further up the thread it would have been better if it was a 5.30pm KO.

I would love to win this one, but just don't see it.

put simply.....They will bully us off the ball.

Undoutedly, they can play some great direct football.....but they clatter you and get away with it.

If we get anything, I will be gobsmacked.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I can't even find an image of what this is really like. One of the boxers should probably be wearing a teatowel on his head with blood all over his gloves though.

This match hinges on if the referee gives us a fair game. Forest could have had two reds, disgusting challenges. Newcastle kick teams off the park if you let them.

Getting a bit tedious this ‘ all refs hate us ‘ line, we are better than that surely ?

• Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 12:37, The_Steve said:

We saw how easily Botman gave away that penalty against Brentford. Ollie’s pace is going to be crucial, we need to run at their defence and get some smart fouls. 

Its the amount of times he clatters, with no warning,from officials, thats the worrying bit.....they all play the man, as opposed to the ball, with relative impunity.....when a team is brow beaten, they (newcastle) start playing.

maybe a bit harsh, but thats the Gist of it......Since the relaxation, from officials, their physicality, has flourished, and capitalised on.

Conversely, we are not exactly equipped to to beat the aggresive press.....hence my concern.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

😂Newcastle fans seem obsessed with us and everything we do and say. Sob on Newcastle online dot org

Sob On The Tyne Aston Villa Supporters -

Probably the best motivating image for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smg said:

Getting a bit tedious this ‘ all refs hate us ‘ line, we are better than that surely ?

Who said all refs hate us? You? If a ref is shit, I'll say so.

We're missing our best player because of a stinking foul that folded his ankle.

JJ could have been injured last game. No card.

Newcastle will kick the shit out of us if the ref let's them. Joelinton just back from his two game ban sat on 12 yellows for the season.

Yeah I have to say how Shelvey avoided a booking early on in the game for scything one of ours from behind was a disgrace and gave him reign to do it about 20 minutes later. That's a standard booking whether in first 5 minutes or last five.

Dan Burn's another who likes to dish it out so him on an early booking would be good for us.

• Like 1