Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/23 at 22:59

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right...

No more Good Ebening banter 😔

Message heard loud and clear from a few.

Anyway, in summary, I'm happy as hell.

UTV!

Tbf it's kinda flogging a dead donkey at this point anyways 😉.

Now **** all that and lets celebrate another big W!

UTV!

• Thanks 1

Wasn’t great today but it’s all about winning atm, which we did comfortably in truth. Would like Forest to stay up but think they are as good as down on that showing. 

Another successful masterplan from the gaffer, but a stalemate looked on the cards for several periods during the game, especially when Villa reverted to playing high-risk balls through tight spaces and squandering possession.

They rightfully earned themselves a bollocking.

Forest were rather "physical" at times and the referee let a lot of it go.

I don't care what the pundits say, a shove in the back is a foul.

Traoré earned his tap-in with the quality of his cross, and the goal prompted Forest to come out of their own half.

Watkins' finish in the last seconds was total class.

It seems a long time since the Villa fans were in dreamland, and I have to say it feels pretty good.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right...

No more Good Ebening banter 😔

Message heard loud and clear from a few.

Anyway, in summary, I'm happy as hell.

UTV!

Good Ebening mate!

• Haha 1

3 games in a week...we would not have won this under the previous manager.

It was always going to be difficult but we controlled the game and fought for the win 

Onwards and upwards..........

Well that was a great weeks work!

we definitely need to recharge some batteries this week and hopefully get Cash & Kamara fit. Quite a few players not fully at it today. Ramsey, Buendia & Luis all looked jaded.

John McGinn my man of the match today. A smart move by the boss to bring on DenDonker and push SJM further forward.

Happy Days

onwards & upwards!

Tough choice for MOM as I didn't think anyone stood out for the entire game.  I gave it to Young because I was worried about him getting overrun in his 3rd game in a week, particularly after the way Leicester got at him.  He was calm and cool and was the one who set Bertie free for the goal.

51 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Anyway... looking at the gap to Spurs, I think it will be difficult to break out of the bottom 15. 

Over the last 6 matches Spurs have won 11 points and we have won 16.  So we should overtake them on the last day of the season.  🙂  Although when we beat them we'll clear that obstacle a match sooner.

• Like 1

Abbreviated report from north of the 49th

Referee ... average let a lot go
Emery ... generally got this right.

Martinez did his job ... clean sheet, but did not have anything spectacular to do.
The back four ... did their job, 
Luiz, Beundia, Ramsey and even McGinn all looked a bit tired
Bailey .... hope he is OK
Ecstatic for Traore and Watkins.  Almost a copy of Traore's previous goal, pounces on a defender's bad pass. I wonder what Traore really thinks of the situation.

I have mixed feelings about the game. Perhaps not great to watch, but from an analytical point of view it was interesting to see how Villa controlled the pace and the variety of pace. Forest seemed to press half-heartedly because they knew what (will) might happen. Mings got my vote for PotM, mainly because Forest almost seemed to avoid him.

Nice three points without having to move up a gear, I gave Mings as MOTM as he dominated everything in the air. Buendia took a knock which may have effected his performance but if he wants to play much next season, he needs to stop giving the ball away so many times.

Â