Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/23 at 22:59

Just back from the game, certainly not our best performance. We made it very difficult for ourselves, especially the amount of crosses we allowed into the box. 

The midfield seemed to play a bit higher to me, maybe because of how deep we were expecting forest to be, even Dougie not dropping to collect the ball much. I actually though we looked better with Dendonker on allowing Mcginn to get further forward. 

Despite his goal, Traore not great, I think his first 4 or 5 touches he put the ball out of play or was offisde needlessly. 

I think we did enough and it's hard to tell if we had other gears today as we scored so early in the second half. Our best chances came from the left with Moreno playing very high. 

Was a boring game but another 3 points, this is becoming the Emery way.

Absolutely buzzing with the win and where Emery is taking us. Clearly running on fumes today as a bit sloppy. Need the week to properly recover - hopefully Kamara is back. Huge game against Newcastle!

• Like 1

Not pretty. Midfield tired for three quarters of match. Perked up towards end. McGinn: Anonymous for most of game but great for last 20 mins. But we win, so its good. 

Need to be much better next week. Jacob and Douglas especially.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Discussed over the last few pages if you read back.

Also, how do you lot get on at parties, nights out with the lads of general life? Since trivial shite winds some of you up so much.

I'll either stop, or change it to EVENING next time, it's obviously humor geared at CONQUERING each team/environment.

Aside from, that, it's OBVIOUSLY humour with good intent.

Don't change it, if the snowflakes can't do humour it's there problem 🏆

Back to the chance of Europe, if we make it, we are going to need a proper squad of 24 to 25 players, so a big summer ahead. 

But let's enjoy this team and our manager, and Good Ebening 1 and all 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know you are doing something right when you win and Dorris the tea lady has a shout for MOTM. 

Can't think of any stand out performances but after the week we've had, to win and keep a clean sheet is very impressive.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

EDIT: People who cited that the lads may have been tired, should consider this is an example of what some people fear about competing in Europe and across all fronts. Not that we don't want it, just weary about the capability of the squad to handle it.

We would have a bigger squad though. The Sky 6 play in Europe every year and still (usually) finish in the European places again. 

If you are looking for proof of a manager who can compete in Europe and also in the league than there is no better example than Emery.

Add to that the fact that our owners are willing to spend the required funds to build a solid squad and there's no reason at all why we wouldn't be able to handle it.

Let's just get there first and then I'm absolutely certain we will be able to compete on multiple fronts.

It's all part of the plan after all. 

• Like 3

Grinding out a win. Great to see. Another clean sheet, 3 games in a week with the same 11, tiredness and sloppiness in final third was noticeable but expected.  I love that we no longer capitulate and roll over.  We seem mentally stronger. It just seems everything is about to click into place.  The stars are aligning lol.

Had just finished my pint and decided to go to the toilet when i heard the celebrations for the traore goal, managed to catch it on the concourse tv though. Was very happy that i got to celebrate a goal properly when watkins buried that 95th minute chance. Certainly not a game that will live long in the memory but another professional performance with 2 goals scored and another clean sheet. Becoming a bit of a habit, this winning thing!

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

We would have a bigger squad though. The Sky 6 play in Europe every year and still (usually) finish in the European places again. 

This is why they need to up their training intensity and fitness levels like never before (as they are clearly already doing). Probably something of a shock, and some of them won't know what hit them. Big boys' league, now. 

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Irony, is it initially started when a Man U supporting mate tried to goad me with it ( Good Ebening ) when we hired him.

As you can imagine, my first meme was created for him, after we beat them. lol ( That backfired for him )

Aside from that, my sense of humour just isn't as filtered as some people.

As you note, my sentiment is the furthest thing from malicious. ( Obviously )

Nothing wrong with the good ebening stuff, keep it up.  I find it endearing when emery speaks, he is such a genuine guy and certainly wouldn't worry about it.  I live in Spain. The Spanish won't care about it!

53 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

2 future kings supporting us. Love it.

C'mon you teams beloved of Sky - show us your prince alberts.

No thanks!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

Well that was a great weeks work!

we definitely need to recharge some batteries this week and hopefully get Cash & Kamara fit. Quite a few players not fully at it today. Ramsey, Buendia & Luis all looked jaded.

John McGinn my man of the match today. A smart move by the boss to bring on DenDonker and push SJM further forward.

Happy Days

onwards & upwards!

Neither will be fit for Saturday 

Strange game, we had good possession but lacked the composure to finish it with the wrong decisions, passes and being indecisive. I really think Coutinho's class could add something for us up front but we may never see it.

Emery was going mental at some of the careless balls forward we were playing, turning over possession cheaply. Head in his hands at a McGinn punt forward that lost possession.

Forest didn't really press us and at 1-0 up we could have just passed the ball across the back 4 and seen the game out , boring but we need a balance between that and losing possession cheaply , which is what we kept doing. 

Moreno was my motm but it could easily have been Mings, Martinez,  Young or Ollie.

Ref let some heavy tackles go unpunished early on and this was wrong. He also got involved to often when he didnt need to, a real Mr me, dreadful. 

Â