Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/23 at 22:59

13 hours ago, supermon said:

I wish we had something like that after each goal scored, would be such an electric atmosphere. Something like how continental teams do, like Dortmund 

No, no, no! Let's just hear the crowd! I cringe at 'goal music'. Like Leicester in the week, it seems so false. In my opinion obviously 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What a set of results for us yesterday !

5/5  ✅✅✅✅✅

With us winning and Brighton, Fulham, Brentford and Chelsea all losing, unbelievably good! Perfect. What were the chances of that happening?

It was a bit low key and lacking in urgency today but I think what we saw is what Emery has been drumming into the players since he came - control the game, keep the ball at the back to force them out of their shape, then try to exploit the gaps created.   It led to a functional, and ultimately comfortable, win with Forest rarely threatening.  It wasn't the most exciting watch but tactically I found it fascinating to watch our players implementing Emery's tactics pretty effectively.  It augurs well for when Emery gets more of his kind of player in.  Young MOTM for me, played very well  defending and attacking.  Ref gave some strange decisions and perhaps should have booked Shelvey for his first foul, as failing to do so seemed to encourage a few further "robust" challenges that could have led to injuries.. 

• Like 3

On 08/04/2023 at 21:42, Joshie2000 said:

Don't change it, if the snowflakes can't do humour it's there problem 🏆

Back to the chance of Europe, if we make it, we are going to need a proper squad of 24 to 25 players, so a big summer ahead. 

But let's enjoy this team and our manager, and Good Ebening 1 and all 😁

Please tell me this is an ironic statement and that we're in meta-comedy territory..

On 08/04/2023 at 19:06, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, if it upsets the majority, then sure... I guess.

However I think it's ridiculous if it does.

Exponentially worse is done with opposition players, managers etc on here all the time.

People are WAY too touchy, about trivial nonsense, anyway UTV!

Sorry but just have to revisit this quickly, as i've even received messages from people regarding it ffs ( It's really not that dramatic or deep )

How people can always manage to laser target or extract negative from overtly positive is beyond me.

1. When we beat Leicester | The Foxes

- My connotation was reversing the pisstaking and an ode to conquering the foxes: " Evening Leicester, I am THE FOX " , double entendre, beat the Foxes ( Wise as a fox.. the wisest fox.. etc )

2. When we beat Nottingham Forest 

- Connotation also obvious, cheesy photo in the rainforest, " I am Tarzan.. King of the Jungle, conqueror of the Forest etc " .

Remind me never to invite some of you for a beer or any sort of comedy show, as lord knows who i may unintentionally offend, even with good intentions.

Possibly cultural differences here across the board.

I already addressed it in on the day, in the thread and said i'd leave it from now, as obviously a chunk of the demographic on the board ain't for it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Not the best game but like most have said three games in a week with the same players took it's toll. Still good enough for the win with Ollie continuing 

His red hot scoring streak. Sets us up nicely for a for a home game Saturday v the toon... I'd love it... Well you know the rest😂😂

On 08/04/2023 at 17:42, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right...

No more Good Ebening banter 😔

Message heard loud and clear from a few.

Anyway, in summary, I'm happy as hell.

UTV!

Yeah. Stop taking the piss out of Emery you 

image.png.d69b20f4cba815028d99c608a686c6bb.png

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I believe yesterday's attendance of 42,076 is our highest crowd v Forest at Villa Park since the 77/78 season when 44,215 watched us lose 1-0 to the side that then won the league.

That's nuts, seriously?

And I was there against Forest, incidentally I was also born in 1977. Wow!

Â