Pre-match thread

wedge

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not sure why but I feel like whenever there's an International break, we usually come back to a poor performance. Maybe some statto can prove me wrong. Not seeing much but a loss here. 

I think so. Much depends upon a sense of momentum and team spirit, and the break feels like it clouds that up a bit?

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not sure why but I feel like whenever there's an International break, we usually come back to a poor performance. Maybe some statto can prove me wrong. Not seeing much but a loss here. 

Don't help when you come back from International break and Gerrards still your manager 😜 

This time it might be different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think it will probably be the same line-up as last game just with young coming in for cash. I reckon we will see diego carlos start against forest. Maybe kamara to start against leicester. Kamara seems to recover insanely quick from bad injuries.

Martinez

Young            Konsa         Mings           Moreno 

Bailey           Mcginn          Luiz             Ramsey

Buendia       Watkins

Bench: Olsen, Sinisalo, Carlos, Chambers, Digne, Dendoncker, Kamara, Traore, Duran

Pressure is all on chelsea this game. Imagine their fans if we beat them and they drop into the bottom half of the table. It would be so beautiful to watch.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think so. Much depends upon a sense of momentum and team spirit, and the break feels like it clouds that up a bit?

And conversely, Chelsea couldn't have wished for a better time for an international break. All the negativity in the dressing room and on the training pitch will be mostly forgotten now and they get a reset.

I really think that this break may have swung the result in their favour. Had we have played them last week, we'd have beaten them. 

Can't see it now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, astondalston said:

It's an all too familiar cycle... Great performances building up to the international break, followed by a balloon popping defeat on  our return. But if anyone can break the loop, its this man...

Aston Villa boss Unai Emery delivers verdict on victory over Manchester  United - Manchester Evening News

How will Richard e grant help?

• Like 1

A win here and we go into the top ten, regardless of any other result. That should be all the incentive required to perform well and get a positive result.

I’d be so tempted to put Kamara straight back in if ready, as he’s such a quality performer, but if Emery wishes to be cautious and start him on the bench then so be it. The rest pick themselves, with only Young coming in for Cash I guess?

Chelsea are a funny side right now, with an embarrassment of riches and talent, but keeping them all happy is perhaps causing Potter a real selection headache. Silva and Fofana missing at the back for them is surely a real plus for us and let’s hope Watkins and co can capitalise on that? I feel strangely positive for this:

Martinez

Young       Konsa           Mings       Moreno

McGinn         Luiz

Buendia                      Ramsey

Bailey       
                                    Watkins

Subs:  Olsen, Sinisalo, Digne, Carlos, Chambers, Kamara, Dendoncker, Traore, Duran 

Would be a real statement to win this and may get a few more of us believing that a top seven spot is still achievable. The gut is telling me a 0-1 win but I think 1-1 could be a likely result.  UTV