Pre-match thread

wedge

For some reason I was certain this was kicking off at half 12 until I was flicking through the Metro on train back and came across the fixtures for week ahead.

The poster who asked about pubs in area and going down by coach must've been wondering what on earth I was on about saying the coaches would probably leave VP at 8am!😂

-------------------------Martinez--------------------------

Young----------Konsa---------Mings--------Moreno

--------------------Luiz----------Kamara-------------------

---------Ramsey----------------------McGinn----------

-----------------Buendia------Watkins----------------

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Will Kamara be back? I thought he was still injured?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Looking forward to this one. I might even buy a sky sports day pass, especially as it's my birthday. Why not treat myself, no - one else is going to😂😂😂

Happy Birthday Sheepy......21 again.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

How dare you! I'm a very young 18, even if I remember us winning a league title. 😉😉😉

what!!!   1909/10😛

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Diego Carlos is back, was on the bench against Bournemouth. Will he be in the starting 11?

4 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Looking forward to this one. Feeling quite confident. Mistakes have cost us in the last few games against Chelsea I just hope we can play a near perfect game without giving easy goals away and playing the way Emery wants the players to play. 

It's ridiculous some of the goals we've given away in recent times v them when we've been well in the game. 

Last season's away game we completely outplayed them first half but Ollie missed 2-3 really good chances. Then Mings completely underhits a routine backpass right at the start of the second and it's game over. He's been in good form recently and certainly Chelsea is game he should be up for given the misplaced header in the VP game.

There's no way either Kepa will play like he did at VP either, that was a once a career performance so I think we should have a goal in us at some point.

I think some are being optimistic that we'll go there, constantly attack and outplay them. I think we'll play it like we did away to Spurs and Emery's formation should match up well against how Potter plays so feels like we have a good chance of 1-1 here if we're not reckless at the back.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the game Saturday, my first concern was which waterproof jacket is going to match my claret and blue trainers best as it will likely hose it down -  and secondly -  I'm really worried that because absolutely nobody is expecting it and this is football after all that we're going to get a pasting and everyone will be waxing lyrical about Chelsea. Mudryk, Felix and all their other new signings who have been criticised by the media and football Twitter will score and it will be horrible. So therefore, because no-one I've seen has, I'm going to say 4-0 to Chelsea!

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, wedge said:

Woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the game Saturday, my first concern was which waterproof jacket is going to match my claret and blue trainers best as it will likely hose it down -  and secondly -  I'm really worried that because absolutely nobody is expecting it and this is football after all that we're going to get a pasting and everyone will be waxing lyrical about Chelsea. Mudryk, Felix and all their other new signings who have been criticised by the media and football Twitter will score and it will be horrible. So therefore, because no-one I've seen has, I'm going to say 4-0 to Chelsea!

I know what you mean. Whilst I'm looking forward to going to the game, I'm also wary that there's a lot of confident talk knocking about from our fans. Which in itself is fine, except they do have some very good players and they are bound to click at some point.

History tells us that in such cases, it's usually against Villa.

A draw here would be a good result.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Diego Carlos is back, was on the bench against Bournemouth. Will he be in the starting 11?

Would be a tough game to throw him into for his first game back though, he would have had to have trained to an unbelievable level to start.

• Like 2

On 29/03/2023 at 09:13, wedge said:

If we go toe to toe....we might come unstuck.

If we go cautious and patient, we may catch them on the counter, i think that is our best strategy.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we go toe to toe....we might come unstuck.

If we go cautious and patient, we may catch them on the counter, i think that is our best strategy.

I love it when we set the traps for the opposition 

Wolves under Nuno in the inception years were very good at it. 

• Like 1