Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Who in there right mind wants that Lego haired **** to win the league!

Yeah I don’t mind City winning the league because I can say they cheated whereas Arsenal will have earnt it and their fans will be unbearable.

• Like 1

Commentators agreeing at half time that it was a dive for the penalty. It is a contact sport, you’re allowed to touch a player… absolutely awful decision by the ref and VAR imo

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

As paqueta tries to lift his left leg, its hits Bailey's right leg. It's soft buts it's a pen and it's stupid by Bailey. He shouldn't be all over the back of a player in the penalty area that is running away from goal

Yes, Paqueta's left leg does hit Bailey's right but that doesn't necessarily mean that this contact caused him to fall over. I mean, I can't work out if Paqueta dived or if the contact actually made him fall over. 

They scored because we pissed around with the ball and they went and got a corner. The penalty decision as Robbie Earle and Tim Howard say was a blatant dive.

Buendia was having his Shirt pulled by Ings btw. Also Ollie should have a hat-trick. West Ham are shit but Bowen is a Fantastic player. He’s keeping them in the game. If we can stop the sloppy passes we should win this handsomely.

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The commentary team on my channel sound like a pair of West Ham fans, not sure who the co-comm is but he’s willing them into space constantly and gives no credit to anything Villa do. The landan word removed bias is real. 

One of them is ex West Ham player Tony Gale.

The build up play for the Watkins chance that Areola saved frm two yards was absolutely brilliant. 

We built patiently from the back, restarting to drawn West Ham out when necessary. 

Then we passed through modified before some great, intricate passing in the box to make the chance. Genuinely fantastic. 

Played with the West Ham shape like a puppet, making them go where we wanted whilst being in full control. 

Great stuff. 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

They scored because we pissed around with the ball and they went and got a corner. The penalty decision as Robbie Earle and Tim Howard say was a blatant dive.

Buendia was having his Shirt pulled by Ings btw. Also Ollie should have a hat-trick. West Ham are shit but Bowen is a Fantastic player. He’s keeping them in the game. If we can stop the sloppy passes we should win this handsomely.

All started with JJ and Moreno being made to look poor by Bowen. Gave away the corner unecessarily. Hopefully we do better at that second half. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robby b said:

Yes, Paqueta's left leg does hit Bailey's right but that doesn't necessarily mean that this contact caused him to fall over. I mean, I can't work out if Paqueta dived or if the contact actually made him fall over. 

True. Their legs collide because he’s throwing himself to the ground. There’s nothing Bailey can do - hence why he also goes tumbling. 

• Like 1