Pilgrimages

Seat68

I have made a few pilgrimages in my time. The first as a lefty pup was to Marx’s tomb. Reminded last week by a colleague who said he lived in Highgate and I said oh I went there when I was in my early 20s. He said to see Marx’s tomb?

I said yes. 

The others have been country music related and thinking when I am bored next making a journey to the site of Strawberry Studios in Stockport. So I ask, not football related, have you made any pilgrimages? The more pointless, the better. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have made a few pilgrimages in my time. The first as a lefty pup was to Marx’s tomb. Reminded last week by a colleague who said he lived in Highgate and I said oh I went there when I was in my early 20s. He said to see Marx’s tomb?

I said yes. 

The others have been country music related and thinking when I am bored next making a journey to the site of Strawberry Studios in Stockport. So I ask, not football related, have you made any pilgrimages? The more pointless, the better. 

I was very tempted to find the Quadrophenia alley when I was in Brighton a few years ago but it was on business and never really got the time. 

• Like 2

Billboard go-go bar, Bangkok.

Seriously though, I don't think I have. I've been places like Auschwitz because of an interest in it, but I wouldn't say pilgrimage. I'd like to go to Stuttgart to see the Mercedes and Porsche museums, but thats because i'm a bit of a car nerd. 

Accompanied my old man to visit Jerusalem once. He loved it all. My thoughts would probably be best in the anti-Israel thread that started a week or so ago. 
The only other one I deliberately did (as in, I went out of my way for it) was to see Spike Milligan’s grave. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Went and found the Marx and Engels statue once, but did go specifically looking for it.

spacer.png

Always stop off in Tolpuddle if I’m down around there.

spacer.png

Always build time in to London trips to visit this place

• Like 1

There's a huge pilgrimage in Poland to our holy city called Częstochowa. People walk there from all over Poland, as in the city there's the main Catholic church due to the Black Madonna being housed there. 

I've actually been there but I didn't walk.

Oh and this city now has the best football team in Poland.

• Like 1

Â