Pilgrimages

Seat68

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

What band was from Merthyr?

Guernos Estate with their cover of Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting?

At least it wasn’t Aberdare. Mind you I could do a tour of places I though Kelly Jones was a Representative for Wellingborough for a quick buck

Don't know to be fair. Would have been about 8-10 years ago, something like that. Rock/metal Id guess

Actually drove through Aberdare today, funny you should mention it. I was going to write this in General Chat but I'll take that as 'a sign' to put it here. It's pretty apt and I was trying to see if this would be the sort of thread for it, hence the thread from the -nearly- dead.

Anyway, talking of the arse end of nowhere we went on a pilgrimage to The Shrine of Our Lady in Penrhys today. Proper old school (well late middle ages up till the reformation) site for pilgrimages and everything. But we went there to throw my mate off a cliff. Which is ok. Because he was already dead. But yeah, God put Mary in an Oak tree, which was so obviously a miracle that 8 oxen couldn't shift it until Thomas Cromwell stole it and took it over the border so Henry VIII could burn it with all the other Catholics. So there's no Chapel or Monastary anymore but they did rebuild a statue of Our Lady in the 1950's, Sometime after the smallpox hospital but before the massive Council Estate in the 60's. Loads of which is no longer there because of a load of different reasons but basically because they built a modern day slums. And sent lots of the unemployed people to live there. "Remember when we used to roll tyres around on the tip" he said and all the children smiled.

Anyway she was a very nice lady and the rain held off. But there was like LOADS of us. Firstly the Welsh Blood Bikes contingent, followed in convoy by representatives from the local biker club and a load of us in cars and a van and a couple of Blood Bikers bringing up the rear. Over the Beacons down the A470 to the Rhondda. Was a bit odd to be handed a spoon and a bag full of my mate but that's what we did and one by one we threw him off the side. And when we'd all had a go we poured him out the bag looking down over Tonypandy.

So if you happen to be down wind of there tonight say hello to Paul. He was a founder of the local blood bikes chapter and a great mechanic. And he was our friend and he was great at it. Today would have been his 51st birthday. Which is no age really and yet a lifetime. Damn you emphysema. But YAY my mate. Hwyl Butty Dev.

I am the centre of this universe.
The wind of time is blowing through me.
And it's all moving relative to me.
It's all a figment of my mind.
In a world that I've designed.

We would sing. Well, the wind is blowing through you now, innit you word removed. :)

Â