Pilgrimages

Seat68

2 hours ago, Risso said:

When I was in Bristol a few years ago I paid a visit to a little street called 'There and Back Again Lane' which is the name of the last compilation album released by Sarah Records, the Bristol-based label. Quite twee, @bickster and @blandy would probably not approve.

No I approve of the street and your visit. I’m just thankful not to have heard the album.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

You could even form a band called A Twee Tractor And A Sensitive Dead Horse

Already been done, I have a single by them, obviously it is in a polythene bag and comes with a badge and a postcard.

• Haha 1

Went to where CBGB used to be be the first time I was in New York and to the Joey Ramone mural, also went to Manitoba's (he wasn't there that night) but we had a great time. Apparently Manitoba's has also closed now which is a shame.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Only to my friend's immaturity. I'm being taken to climb this next Saturday.

If you get tired just keep pumping away at it. You'll feel a huge release when you finally finish. 

1 hour ago, Xann said:

There's some pretty lame ass pilgrimages on for some iconic UK acts.

Imagine flying in to visit Basildon, or Coventry 😬

We've preserved Coventry as it was in the 1970s to give you the authentic 2Tone experience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2023 at 14:19, Xann said:

There's some pretty lame ass pilgrimages on for some iconic UK acts.

Imagine flying in to visit Basildon, or Coventry 😬

One of my younger cousins and her friend came to stay in Cardiff once and the only thing they wanted to do was go and see Merthyr Tydfil because some band they were into was from there. :D

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

One of my younger cousins and her friend came to stay in Cardiff once and the only thing they wanted to do was go and see Merthyr Tydfil because some band they were into was from there. :D

What band was from Merthyr?

Guernos Estate with their cover of Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting?

At least it wasn’t Aberdare. Mind you I could do a tour of places I though Kelly Jones was a Representative for Wellingborough for a quick buck

Â