Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, MaVilla said:

at the moment, i agree.

Depends on who we do/dont sign i guess.

I think we need 2 RWs plus then a youngster as back up in case we get a ECL dead rubber

If we sign say Diaby then Bailey goes to 2nd choice for RW, if we keep traore because we can't flog him we can't really have him as 2nd choice because of his injury record, I'd say having Diaby Bailey and traore is better than having Diaby and traore

Of course FFP and the need to sell could come in to it

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think we've got enough depth to sell Bailey

Some of it comes down to the player too though I suppose, if he wants first team assurances (which I doubt he’ll get here) then he might be kicking up a stink and wanting to move on. I’d rather let people go than keep a bad apple around… we’ve got a very good squad morale and atmosphere (which as we know hasn’t always been the case)

23 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Given how well we have done under Emery I don’t feel the need to panic. Torres will be a great signing. Tielemans will be phenomenal if he fancies performing. RB for me is the main concern. Sort that out and I will be mostly happy. We obviously need a wide player and possibly a striker but I’m not going to lose much sleep over it.

Multiple signings has barely ever made a massive difference for us. Just plug a few gaps and happy days. 

We definitely need at least one attacking player, if not two given Ramsey's injury. Our only semi-reliable attacking option is Watkins currently. If Bailey is sold then two attacking options is a minium. I agree about right back though and concerned we're not really linked with any at the moment.

Bailey is fine as a squad option. I actually think he'll be impressive as an impact sub rather than when he starts every week, if he's OK with that.

Diaby would be a great signing and one we should all be excited about.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Read this about Tielemans and Dendoncker and we’re selling the Donk. 

Bailey will leave I think, regardless of Diaby. 

Don't think anyone will pay £10m for Bailey. That's the minimum we'd be after I think.

• Confused 1

Rodrigo for £3mil would be a steal. If we got anyone from Leeds though I'd want it to be Gnonto, that kid is going places and the perfect winger / striker hybrid we're after. Just not sure if he'd be ready to step up to playing all the time.