Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Are we putting all the scout networks everywhere while only looking next door for tesco bags players? 😂

Anyway I see how it’s easier to convince local young players to come especially with the idea of generating money from them (they don’t have to be our standard to do so). 

Saying that, would be helpful if anyone tells us how good is he? 

Irogebunam and Azaz we got from Baggies so we've a good record so far as both players will make us money at least

52 minutes ago, John said:

So they are looking at the Norwich project. It worked a couple of times, but didn't last season. To give themselves any chance of staying up, they at least have to have as strong a team as the one that got them up, without Marv they will be weaker and may not get up into the PL for years, if they go down with a whimper. I'm not thinking blow £150m, but if they don't invest around £20m minimum on the playing side their fans will be right to say: 

Fobia constante Brillar dads army we re doomed A fondo comer Península 

I think to be a Luton fan this season would be exciting, yes they want to compete and stay in the PL, but you would also have to be realistic, they are a small club, extremely well run and a good manager, but they don’t have an owner who can throw money at players.

You only have to look at the past few seasons with teams that have been promoted, it’s taking 3 seasons for these teams to get stable. Fulham, Leeds, Sheffield Utd, Norwich, Watford, Burnley etc. have all been up and down, up and down, really only Villa, Brentford, Brighton that have been able to establish themselves.

Planning for reality is better than a wild gamble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’d keep Nakamba and use him in the squad if they wanted another subsidised loan deal

Think Luton will get a deal done, I agree Villa could use him in some early cup games, but be surprised if Emery doesn’t have him stamped for a transfer.

21 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I think to be a Luton fan this season would be exciting, yes they want to compete and stay in the PL, but you would also have to be realistic, they are a small club, extremely well run and a good manager, but they don’t have an owner who can throw money at players.

You only have to look at the past few seasons with teams that have been promoted, it’s taking 3 seasons for these teams to get stable. Fulham, Leeds, Sheffield Utd, Norwich, Watford, Burnley etc. have all been up and down, up and down, really only Villa, Brentford, Brighton that have been able to establish themselves.

Planning for reality is better than a wild gamble.

Totally agree, I am forever baffled why these small clubs come up and spaff it all up the wall instead of securing their future financially, sorting their ground/training facilities and picking up the cheapest deals which will still be a step up on most of the existing staff.

puts you in a much better position to come up over the next few years and sorts a ton of things out 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Are we putting all the scout networks everywhere while only looking next door for tesco bags players? 😂

Anyway I see how it’s easier to convince local young players to come especially with the idea of generating money from them (they don’t have to be our standard to do so). 

Five opinions from WBA Unofficial: 

"Decent player but two lightweight for me he won’t make a prem player and hasn’t done enough to earn a new contract.
Good luck playing for Albion reserves at villa."

"I get he didn't push on. Interesting that we never loaned him out though. Never understood that. Good player IMO. Saw a fair bit of him in the stiffs. Technically very good and always good on the eye but I always felt I didn't know what player he was. Not a striker, not a wide player, not a central midfielder. I guess No10 was his best position. Normally when you don't take up a young players contract and release him they drop out of the leagues (Clayton Phillps, Texiera, Soule, Windsor are all now playing below conference level) yet it sounds like a fishy Premier league side will pick him up. I think they will loan him out, hope he does well and flip him for a few million. They are going to do that with Azaz who they picked up from us. Probably Iregbonum too. Hopcroft is no mug."

"Low risk freebie for them… few thousand a week, couple loan spells, may come good, may not. We can’t afford those risks as we’re using our wages on elderly and injury prone players or paying off the lazy decisions of former managers and recruitment staff… oh, and propping up China."

"Never really impressed when I’ve seen him."

"Injuries hampered him quite a bit, Shane as technically he’s excellent. I’d have given him another 12 months personally."

Link: https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=30362&page=2&highlight=rico+richards

Edited by John
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Local boys like Gary Shaw, Jacob, Jack, Jude and Duncan Edwards.....I think we produce some really decent players locally.....Rico could be a rough diamond.....but I haven't seen him play.

Edited by TRO

We could have done with swooping up Gabri Veiga from Celta who Man City have jumped in to join their oil money squad 🙄not sure if I mentioned him a few weeks ago on here, looks like a Emery type player too.

If we are to pay £40m+ for Pau Torres, i hope the same energy applies to the weakest area of the pitch in the forward positions, im projecting that we would need to spend £80m min on two forwards/wingers.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Despite the cheap-ish release clause, there are apparently a lot of hidden fees with this one.  His father, (who must be his agent) is demanding a commission of 15-20m, and Fenerbache also want a huge sell on clause.

How can they get one if he has a release clause? 

His father sounds like the Turkish male equivalent of Veronique Rabiot.

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

We could have done with swooping up Gabri Veiga from Celta who Man City have jumped in to join their oil money squad 🙄not sure if I mentioned him a few weeks ago on here, looks like a Emery type player too.

Never a realistic signing for us... He's one of the top prospects in Europe right now.  It's like moaning about us "not going for" Julian Alvarez before Man City when he never was interested in the first place.  Need Champions League footy before we can start convincing a lot of these players to come to us.  

• Like 4