Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 hours ago, allani said:

The same Spurs players who wouldn't buy into what one of the best coaches in Europe wanted them to do?  Also getting rid of unwanted players isn't straightforward at Spurs either thanks to meddling Levy - there are only so many times you can **** other clubs off with ridiculous "bids" / "offers" before they stop wasting time engaging with you.  Levy will hold out trying to get the best deal possible (and then fail) and will then waste more time making stupid bids for incoming players that have no chance of coming off.  In recent years he's had the luxury of making stupid offers, then finding out what offer from another club has been agreed and jumping on the back of that with the "promise" of European football and a push for the Top 4.  That's going to be much harder this season with no European football, a relatively untested manager (and very public rejections from a number of higher profile managers) and Conte's rant.

That’s if you believe Conte’s narrative. It’s more about his ego. And I wasn’t talking about Levy, I was talking about the current squad. You can keep your blinkers and say untested manager, but he has tested himself at every level and been successful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Know nothing about Fati really but his YouTube videos make him look pretty poor tbh. Which I appreciate means sod all. 

Had a bad knee injury and after that he's had a bunch of those injuries you often get when trying to rush back to playing. The noise is that he want's to stay at Barca but agents and possibly Barca want's to cash in

22/23 Bruised Knee Feb 24, 2023 Mar 2, 2023 6 days 2FC Barcelona
21/22 Fitness Mar 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022 31 days 7FC Barcelona
21/22 Hamstring Injury Jan 21, 2022 Mar 28, 2022 66 days 12FC Barcelona
21/22 Hamstring Injury Nov 7, 2021 Jan 11, 2022 65 days 11FC Barcelona
21/22 Knee Problems Oct 27, 2021 Nov 1, 2021 5 days 2FC Barcelona
21/22 Fitness Sep 10, 2021 Sep 24, 2021 14 days 3FC Barcelona
20/21 Mensical Laceration Nov 8, 2020 Sep 9, 2021 305 days 47FC Barcelona
20/21 Bruised Hip Sep 11, 2020 Sep 18, 2020 7 days -
19/20 Knock Dec 19, 2019 Dec 29, 2019 10 days 1FC Barcelona B
19/20 Knee Problems Dec 5, 2019 Dec 9, 2019 4 days 1FC Barcelona B
19/20 Knee Problems Sep 27, 2019 Oct 5, 2019 8 days -

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Know nothing about Fati really but his YouTube videos make him look pretty poor tbh. Which I appreciate means sod all. 

He's going to get gifted to wolves by uncle Jorge, wolves fans are going to go absolutely **** mental not realising that it says far more about him than it does about them

Wouldn't mind him at villa if we can get the deal right, there's every danger he might come good like dembele has for them but he's a huge risk at the £60m number floating about

56 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don’t think it does still stand.  Let’s see what Ziyech, Koulibaly and Kante do with their careers after their stint in SA.  I would say it’ll not much more than the “past it” players on my list.

Why does it matter that only Arnautovic was playing in the PL? Some of the other players played for Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.

We've gone far enough off topic with this chat. Let's just agree to disagree.

On topic, I kind of hope we don't benefit from it. I think I'd rather we kept Coutinho than sold to the Saudi sportswashing machine. That's very much cutting my nose off to spite my face, as they'd simply spend the money elsewhere.

And hopefully they don't push the asking price of any of our targets beyond what is reasonable.

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Had a bad knee injury and after that he's had a bunch of those injuries you often get when trying to rush back to playing. The noise is that he want's to stay at Barca but agents and possibly Barca want's to cash in

22/23 Bruised Knee Feb 24, 2023 Mar 2, 2023 6 days 2FC Barcelona
21/22 Fitness Mar 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022 31 days 7FC Barcelona
21/22 Hamstring Injury Jan 21, 2022 Mar 28, 2022 66 days 12FC Barcelona
21/22 Hamstring Injury Nov 7, 2021 Jan 11, 2022 65 days 11FC Barcelona
21/22 Knee Problems Oct 27, 2021 Nov 1, 2021 5 days 2FC Barcelona
21/22 Fitness Sep 10, 2021 Sep 24, 2021 14 days 3FC Barcelona
20/21 Mensical Laceration Nov 8, 2020 Sep 9, 2021 305 days 47FC Barcelona
20/21 Bruised Hip Sep 11, 2020 Sep 18, 2020 7 days -
19/20 Knock Dec 19, 2019 Dec 29, 2019 10 days 1FC Barcelona B
19/20 Knee Problems Dec 5, 2019 Dec 9, 2019 4 days 1FC Barcelona B
19/20 Knee Problems Sep 27, 2019 Oct 5, 2019 8 days -

So he's off to PSG then? 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

not sure about that tbh.

If nothing else, if you cant find 4 minutes of video to try and make a player look good, then there really is something wrong......

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

The Premier League sort of does that already anyway.

It's been a respected competition for a while though, I know what you mean as other leagues up till 20 odd years ago traditionally, technically, had better levels of football. You can't say that about players going to play in Saudi Arabia in their prime though can you? They really aren't going for the football. Someone signing for City might get enormous amounts of money but they also get to compete with the best in the world.

16 minutes ago, romavillan said:

It's been a respected competition for a while though, I know what you mean as other leagues up till 20 odd years ago traditionally, technically, had better levels of football. You can't say that about players going to play in Saudi Arabia in their prime though can you? They really aren't going for the football. Someone signing for City might get enormous amounts of money but they also get to compete with the best in the world.

15 minutes ago, romavillan said:

double post

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

triple post

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Quadruple post.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it’s interesting how Neves (only 26) is off to Saudi… previously we only really saw older players who had been exceptionally good in their hay day. Neves could’ve probably got a move to a CL team, not a PL one, but abroad I’m sure. But chose to take the money and essentially give up on the prime years of his career. 

While he's going of his own accord, he's also doing Jorge Mendes a tremendous favor. Mendes can now point to Neves as evidence when he claims a Saudi team has made a big offer for his other clients if they're skeptical the player would take it. As for the Saudis, much like PSG did with the Neymar transfer, they're trying to inflate the market even more so that soon only nation states can even afford transfer fees. Just like the PIF did to the PGA.

Enjoy European football while you can.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Has problems with his weight.

• Haha 1

I wonder if we're after Abdessamad "Abde" Ezzalzouli from Barcelona? His agent posted an Instagram story at Bodymoor Heath around April but it was assumed at the time that it was about Kang-In Lee. Now a journo for Real Betis (who are in for the player) claims that a Premier League side has made an offer for Abde. More than likely connecting the dots when there isn't remotely a connection to begin with, but beats Todofichajes rumours, surely? 😁

"From Barcelona, they tell me that there is a Premier club offering an amount, which Betis cannot compete with, for Abde."

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, QldVilla said:

But that’s the thing, he wasn’t handed a championship team, he lost all his best players and was a rebuild. Yet he still won two trophies in his first season and with everyone writing him off.

He has always been written off by people who think they know more and he has proven them wrong, each and every time. He’s won an Asian Cup as manager of Australia, he didn’t have the best squad as Japan and South Korea would have stronger squads.

Those Spurs players have no idea what is coming, he will sort them out very quickly and get rid of the ones who don’t buy in.

Again though, when Celtic and rangers have a budget 25x that of the next best team I don’t find it that impressive. Scotland is a joke. It’s Man City on steroids in that league. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wishywashy said:

I wonder if we're after Abdessamad "Abde" Ezzalzouli from Barcelona? His agent posted an Instagram story at Bodymoor Heath around April but it was assumed at the time that it was about Kang-In Lee. Now a journo for Real Betis (who are in for the player) claims that a Premier League side has made an offer for Abde. More than likely connecting the dots when there isn't remotely a connection to begin with, but beats Todofichajes rumours, surely? 😁

Yes, please!!!  Another electric young player...  blistering pace, awesome dribbling skills, but like Nico Williams he is extremely raw.  A lot of what he tries does not come off and I can see the folks who are frustrated with Buendia writing him off after a few games.  

19 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yes, please!!!  Another electric young player...  blistering pace, awesome dribbling skills, but like Nico Williams he is extremely raw.  A lot of what he tries does not come off and I can see the folks who are frustrated with Buendia writing him off after a few mis-passes.  

Fixed that for you

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, duke313 said:

Not really that surprising from Neves.  This is a player who moved from a CL side to the Championship, he chased money before and is chasing it again.

And I’m sure others will follow unfortunately.

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Again though, when Celtic and rangers have a budget 25x that of the next best team I don’t find it that impressive. Scotland is a joke. It’s Man City on steroids in that league. 

Celtic finished 25 points behind Rangers the previous year, they lost Edouard, Ajmer & Christie to PL clubs and numerous other players. I’d like to see another European manager bring in untried Japanese players from the j league who showed they were up to the level and some believe 1 or 2 are PL standard players. 

This is the same job the Newcastle manager turned down due to lack of funds for transfers and key players leaving the club.

A lot of commentators thought it was a difficult job to walk into and would take time for Celtic to get back to the top. Yet he did it in one season with mostly unknown players not tested at that level.

A bit of context is required rather than the boring narrative that it’s the Scottish League.

• Like 1