Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

What's stopping this team from getting top 4 next season?

Martinez

Wan-Bissaka - Konsa - Mings - Alex Moreno
Luiz --------- Kamara
Guendouzi ----------------------------------- Gonçalves
Nico Williams ------------ Watkins

The players.

Konsa/Mings is not a top 4 standard partnership.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not trying to be picky, but i will have a go:

- Wan-Bissaka

- at least one of the central defenders.

- probably Watkins.

- im not actually sure how good Nico Williams is, so who knows.

-Some might not fancy Wan-Bissaka, I think he'd be decent under Emery.

-Mings and Konsa have only conceded 2 goals in 7 games (one was a penalty), swap either of them for Carlos if you wish.

-Watkins is probably the most in form striker in the league behind Haaland.

-Again, some may not fancy Nico or know much about him, but he's very highly rated and better than Bailey. Under Emery he would excel.

On 12/04/2023 at 16:50, paul514 said:

Here is one to keep the conversation flowing.....

If you had to buy 3 players from the bottom 8 teams so that excludes Palace as they 100% aren't going down now they have 33 points......

Who would they be bearing in mind what we need so not just the three best players?

Livarmento/Bella Kotchup - both would be good additions with potential to grow. But I wouldn’t want to sign 2 Southampton defenders, so one or the other. 

Morgan Gibbs White - again think would suit our style, and had plenty of potential to grow.

Onana - strong through the middle and would give us strength in depth, plus could go more defensive against some teams. 

Martinez
Fresneda
Konsa
Mings
Moreno
Kamara
Luiz
Kamada
Bellingham
Mitoma
Watkins

Subs: Some Keeper or other, Carlos, Feeney, Cash, Iroegbunam, McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, Moukoko, Duran

What?

....what?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Martinez
Fresneda
Konsa
Mings
Moreno
Kamara
Luiz
Kamada
Bellingham
Mitoma
Watkins

Subs: Some Keeper or other, Carlos, Feeney, Cash, Iroegbunam, McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, Moukoko, Duran

What?

....what?

🧐

Yep - 11 subs. Can't do that. 

Edited by Pez1974

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Martinez
Fresneda
Konsa
Mings
Moreno
Kamara
Luiz
Kamada
Bellingham
Mitoma
Watkins

What?

....what?

I was listening to a discussion about Fresneda recently, the consensus was he is young and obviously talented with plenty of room for growth, but not yet at the level to be a first choice RB for any side with European ambitions. Can't say how accurate that is as I refuse to pay for premier sports to watch La Liga but seems a sensible enough conclusion to me. 

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

-Some might not fancy Wan-Bissaka, I think he'd be decent under Emery.

-Mings and Konsa have only conceded 2 goals in 7 games (one was a penalty), swap either of them for Carlos if you wish.

-Watkins is probably the most in form striker in the league behind Haaland.

-Again, some may not fancy Nico or know much about him, but he's very highly rated and better than Bailey. Under Emery he would excel.

AWB could absolutely be an Emery player, yeah I can see that. I'd definitely not be against it. 

24 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Martinez
Fresneda
Konsa
Mings
Moreno
Kamara
Luiz
Kamada
Bellingham
Mitoma
Watkins

What?

....what?

Which Bellingham?

In UE system- we most often attack from LB and defend with RB- 3 across the back- RB slightly forward.  Wan-Bis would absolutely be a star in UE system and I would love to have him here.  The only WB concern I would have is how well he could play it out from the back.  But frankly- Cash is poor at it- so it cannot be worse.  Honestly- I would not be surprised to see Villa try to sell BOTH Cash and Digne in the summer.  Then bring in a RB (specific for UE system) and youth LB on the cheap that can learn and grow under Moreno.

We already have CBs imo.  I'm assuming Carlos will return to full health for next season.  That gives us 4 CBs (Mings/Carlos/Konsa/Chambers).  Sign Young for 1 more year- play him in the cups, etc. at RB

I really think Guendouzi will happen over the summer.  Great fit for UE at midfield.  Can play anywhere- will likely replace SJM or Ramsey in the 11.  Thats 2 signings (RB/RM).  I agree with others that Donk will be sold to make room.

Then 1-2 signings up front.  F/W type with pace needed.  No idea who we end up with.  I think 1 of Bailey/Traore will be sold to make room.

3-4 new signings.  3-4 players sold.  Bring back some loanees for next season (Tim/Archer/Ramsey).  I think we will be good to go.  

UTV

• Like 1

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/integral-advising-football-s-l-/beraterfirma/berater/6811

Looking at the agent’s list of clients, it must be Lee. Not sure how I’d feel about it being instead of Pote/Williams, but alongside one of those would be a very good signing. 

There’s always the frustrating military service to consider with Korean signings, but it is what it is. 

5 hours ago, burchy said:

Doesn’t Goncalves play predominantly on the left and cut in?

Thing is, now seeing Pool " rule themselves out " of going for the top tier of transfers ( Bellingham etc ) will probably now see them competing with the lik s of us for the tier under type players for their rebuild ffs 🙄

A strong finish to this season and the good feeling of a club going places hopefully gives us the edge over some of these.

Like Goncalves, Guendozi etc I mean

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN